By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Fight Night - Mayweather vs. Pacquiao. Mayweather Wins, Unanimous Decision!

Tagged games:

Who will win?

Mayweather 96 27.83%

Pacquiao 144 41.74%

I don't care, view results 105 30.43%

Total:345
pokoko said:
Angelv577 said:
In order to beat mayweather, you just have to chase and throw more punches than him the whole fight in order to steal some round. You can't give him a chance to think, otherwise, you are screwed. If you have some good rounds and got exhausted about it, you will lose. There isn't any fighter that can have that kind of endurance and stamina during the whole fight. Oscar de la hoya was the only one that almost beat him. It was a split decision.

That's what everyone was expecting from Pacquiao.  Punch volume.  600+ punches thrown.  Instead, Pac got out-thrown by a counter-puncher.  You can see from the fight that Mayweather started out with a lot of respect for Pac's power but in the later rounds he wasn't even holding his gloves up.  He knew that Pac couldn't catch him.  Pac did nothing to earn the win.  He didn't even try to fight out of the clinch.

Pacquiao looked so one-dimensional in this fight that it probably hurt his legacy more than it helped Mayweather's.

yeah, I noticed that too.  IMO I saw the fight 4 to 3 in favor of mayweather until round 8, after that, it was all mayweather.  If there is a rematch, I am sure that it will have the same results unless he take some magic medicine that can help him throw punches the whole fight.  He isn't the pacquiao from 5 years ago. 

Around the Network
keroncoward said:
tiffac said:

But the BIG HEADS on our back! D:

Its a conspiracy I tell you! Government Experiment IT IS!!! xD

But honestly, I do have those on my back too and my family is from Chinese decent. So I'm not sure about using those as evidence for PED is valid. Hence the joke about Government conspiracy. ^^

Actually it is a valid excuse. Its the same dam excuse everyone used against Marquez when he knocked Manny out. Two things steroids does is bone growth and acne. There is no reason for someone's bones to be growing (Pacquiao head size) as an adult. Its possible he was not using but then we have to ask ourselves the questions, how come he moved up in weight, kept his speed and was knocking out guys easier at welterweight than he was at lightweight. Also it is kind of suspicious that he lost all of his knock out power immediately after the allegations. There has to be a valid reason that makes sense as to why he refused the testing 6 years ago other than being afraid of needles and it being against his religion right?

JMM was blamed for the samething? Lol thats even more laughable. Oh well if Lance Armstrong got away with it then I'm sure everyone gets away with it. Including me hahahaha! Oh wait I'm not an athlete nvm ._.

lol still see the casuals and pacroid stans in here crying about mayweather reducing their savior to look like a 3rd rate boxer

From what I gather, Floyd played smart. He dodged and landed light counter punches for easy points.

That said, it isn't entertaining and extremely boring. These prize fights won't be as easy to hype up in the future when you know Floyd's just gonna play it safe. At least Mike Tyson almost always tried to go for the KO. Now that's something I pay to see.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

it was Pacs fault . he look like he didnt belong in the ring with Floyd.

hes too small , cant cut the ring, no jab , no inside fighting , no advantages over Floyd
only thing he had was speed and combinations. But Floyd countered him over and over , Pac got gunshy
and his huge head is a difficult target for Floyd to miss

even Maidana made it a more competitive match