By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Fight Night - Mayweather vs. Pacquiao. Mayweather Wins, Unanimous Decision!

Tagged games:

Who will win?

Mayweather 96 27.83%

Pacquiao 144 41.74%

I don't care, view results 105 30.43%

Total:345

Floyd is just so quick, so difficult to hit him. Then he plays the numbers in his head by knowing when to attack and when to just dodge.

Manny at least tried to make it entertaining though but the people expecting Floyd to play like that must not have watched his past 10 fights or so. Smart way to win, just incredibly boring to watch.

Around the Network
tiffac said:
pbroy said:

The big head is from genetics. A lot of Filipinos have big heads.

OMG! That means the entire country is using PED! D:

They must have put it in our FOOD and WATER! D:

Competitive athletes have different diet than the rest of the country. Especially boxers, which have waaaaay different diet than the rest of us.

Sharpryno said:
Floyd is just so quick, so difficult to hit him. Then he plays the numbers in his head by knowing when to attack and when to just dodge.

Manny at least tried to make it entertaining though but the people expecting Floyd to play like that must not have watched his past 10 fights or so. Smart way to win, just incredibly boring to watch.

Yea, I kept thinking of Ali's flut like a butterfly, or whatever it was he said.

And he did some bee stinging, but it seemed rather uneventful fight.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Goatseye said:
tiffac said:
pbroy said:

Competitive athletes have different diet than the rest of the country. Especially boxers, which have waaaaay different diet than the rest of us.

But the BIG HEADS on our back! D:

Its a conspiracy I tell you! Government Experiment IT IS!!! xD

But honestly, I do have those on my back too and my family is from Chinese decent. So I'm not sure about using those as evidence for PED is valid. Hence the joke about Government conspiracy. ^^

tiffac said:
Goatseye said:
tiffac said:

But honestly, I do have those on my back too and my family is from Chinese decent. So I'm not sure about using those as evidence for PED is valid. Hence the joke about Government conspiracy. ^^

The big heads is caused by the after effects of Mount Pinatubo and our mercury filled fish.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
pbroy said:

The big heads is caused by the after effects of Mount Pinatubo and our mercury filled fish.

Well f@ck I like fish!!! Couldn't it just be because we are tropical country and living in dirty cities? NOOOO it had to be MERCURY in our FISHES!!!

In order to beat mayweather, you just have to chase and throw more punches than him the whole fight in order to steal some round. You can't give him a chance to think, otherwise, you are screwed. If you have some good rounds and got exhausted about it, you will lose. There isn't any fighter that can have that kind of endurance and stamina during the whole fight. Oscar de la hoya was the only one that almost beat him. It was a split decision.

Rockyb said:

hate him all you can but his skills , talent, ring iq cant be denied. who else can be undefeated for such a long time and make good fighters look bad
Also they way he looks after fights. The guy takes no punishment.
Others end up beat up and bloodied.
He has outboxed everybody he has fought. Never been Knocked out .
NEVER knocked down . Thats impressive

That's cuz the ref stops Mayweather's opponents before they can hurt him..

Never knocked down? Hmmmm... This looks knocked down to me.

https://youtu.be/IS4CkAYD-TI

He's smart though. He plays the refs and judges. He knows the rules too well and exploits them. He plays the numbers to win.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Angelv577 said:
In order to beat mayweather, you just have to chase and throw more punches than him the whole fight in order to steal some round. You can't give him a chance to think, otherwise, you are screwed. If you have some good rounds and got exhausted about it, you will lose. There isn't any fighter that can have that kind of endurance and stamina during the whole fight. Oscar de la hoya was the only one that almost beat him. It was a split decision.

That's what everyone was expecting from Pacquiao.  Punch volume.  600+ punches thrown.  Instead, Pac got out-thrown by a counter-puncher.  You can see from the fight that Mayweather started out with a lot of respect for Pac's power but in the later rounds he wasn't even holding his gloves up.  He knew that Pac couldn't catch him.  Pac did nothing to earn the win.  He didn't even try to fight out of the clinch.

Pacquiao looked so one-dimensional in this fight that it probably hurt his legacy more than it helped Mayweather's.

tiffac said:
Goatseye said:
tiffac said:
pbroy said:

Actually it is a valid excuse. Its the same dam excuse everyone used against Marquez when he knocked Manny out. Two things steroids does is bone growth and acne. There is no reason for someone's bones to be growing (Pacquiao head size) as an adult. Its possible he was not using but then we have to ask ourselves the questions, how come he moved up in weight, kept his speed and was knocking out guys easier at welterweight than he was at lightweight. Also it is kind of suspicious that he lost all of his knock out power immediately after the allegations. There has to be a valid reason that makes sense as to why he refused the testing 6 years ago other than being afraid of needles and it being against his religion right?