By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Fight Night - Mayweather vs. Pacquiao. Mayweather Wins, Unanimous Decision!

Tagged games:

Who will win?

Mayweather 96 27.83%

Pacquiao 144 41.74%

I don't care, view results 105 30.43%

Total:345
jlmurph2 said:
pbroy said:

You know, that's the first time I've seen that. How many boring minutes went on in the match befoe this happened? 

Happened in round 2

That's good, would have put the crowd to sleep if it went on any longer

Oh yeah, how many hugs? Or was that just reserved for Manny?

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
I would have like to have seen this match 5 years ago when everyone was in their prime.. not this.. with no rematch..

Five years ago, and until recently, Mayweather was too afraid Pacquiao would be the one capable of destroying his undefeated career long streak.

As De La Hoya said: "Mayweather will not fight, because he thinks that if he leaves the sport undefeated [he will be considered the best ever], but he won't be because people will respect you more when you face the toughest, the strongest, the most dangerous", something we all know Mayweather didn't do.

He added: "It doesn't matter who, all of the biggest names lost- Sugar Ray Robinson, [Muhammad] Ali, Pacquiao. What matters is the legacy we're leaving behind."

pbroy said:
jlmurph2 said:

Happened in round 2

I'll just give you the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adXYZ_XoIMk

Angelus said:
This is really driving some of you crazy huh? lol

You know, I don't like Mayweather much, and I really hope he loses to some up-and-coming talent in his last fight, but the amount of crying over Pacquiao getting out-boxed is one of the most awesome things in the entire world.  I'm enjoying this far more than I ever imagined I would.

I really had no idea it would be like this, not unless it was a controversial decision.  If either guy won cleanly, as Mayweather did, I kind of thought it would be a, "well, now we know who is better," kind of thing.  Talk about being mistaken.

pokoko said:
pbroy said:

Fixed.

As far as boxing goes. A lot of people watch boxing to see people knocking each other the fuck out. People actually attempting to knock each other out. Not a game of tag. It looked like Mayweather was just touching Pac's head to score points and then run. Then hug if Pac was about to do damage. 

I'm aslo sure a lot of this disappointed towards the fight comes from the fact that most people have never seen Mayweather fight before or know of his evasiveness. The people who've seen some of him probably were surprised to see his new fighting element, "the hug".

Hugs win battles, not violence. Mayweather taught us that. He is truly the undisputed champion of the world.

New fighting element?  You've never heard of Muhammad Ali?  That's pretty wild.

Yeah, but I'm talking about Mayweather here. His new skills. If he got it from someoene else, good on him. Cuz it helped him win.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Around the Network

The memes are easily the best thing about the fight:

jlmurph2 said:
pbroy said:

I'll just give you the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adXYZ_XoIMk

You lied to me... I thought you were posting an after picture of him after he got knocked out and it was in round 2. disappointed

And hugs?

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Hynad said:
NiKKoM said:
I would have like to have seen this match 5 years ago when everyone was in their prime.. not this.. with no rematch..

Five years ago, and until recently, Mayweather was too afraid Pacquiao would be the one capable of destroying his undefeated career long streak.

As De La Hoya said: "Mayweather will not fight, because he thinks that if he leaves the sport undefeated [he will be considered the best ever], but he won't be because people will respect you more when you face the toughest, the strongest, the most dangerous", something we all know Mayweather didn't do.

He added: "It doesn't matter who, all of the biggest names lost- Sugar Ray Robinson, [Muhammad] Ali, Pacquiao. What matters is the legacy we're leaving behind."

He's kind of right but it's not really Mayweather's fault.  Most people measure the greatest fighters by who they've beaten.  Unfortunately, this era of boxing isn't producing many stars, which makes it next to impossible to rank Mayweather accurately.  The list of Hall of Fame guys that Sugar Ray Robinson or Muhammad Ali beat (and lost to) is impressive.  Where does that leave Mayweather, though?  De La Hoya, Hatton, Pacquiao?  That's really not all that impressive in any kind of historical context.  Mosley earned his match but we all know he was on the downside of his career (after having ducked Mayweather previously when Floyd was the one looking to make a name for himself).  Of the guys he did not fight, which he supposedly ducked, are any of them significant?  Casamayor, Margarito, Williams?  Not even.

So, yeah, he probably won't be considered a "Top Ten Greatest Ever" fighter by most people but there really wasn't a lot he could have done about it.

The funny thing here, though, is that De La Hoya just completely dissed himself.

pokoko said:

He's kind of right but it's not really Mayweather's fault.  Most people measure the greatest fighters by who they've beaten.  Unfortunately, this era of boxing isn't producing many stars, which makes it next to impossible to rank Mayweather accurately.  The list of Hall of Fame guys that Sugar Ray Robinson or Muhammad Ali beat (and lost to) is impressive.  Where does that leave Mayweather, though?  De La Hoya, Hatton, Pacquiao?  That's really not all that impressive in any kind of historical context.  Mosley earned his match but we all know he was on the downside of his career (after having ducked Mayweather previously when Floyd was the one looking to make a name for himself).  Of the guys he did not fight, which he supposedly ducked, are any of them significant?  Casamayor, Margarito, Williams?  Not even.

So, yeah, he probably won't be considered a "Top Ten Greatest Ever" fighter by most people but there really wasn't a lot he could have done about it.

The funny thing here, though, is that De La Hoya just completely dissed himself.

Dissed himself? How do you interpret it this way?