By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Fight Night - Mayweather vs. Pacquiao. Mayweather Wins, Unanimous Decision!

Tagged games:

Who will win?

Mayweather 96 27.83%

Pacquiao 144 41.74%

I don't care, view results 105 30.43%

Total:345

pokoko said:

After fighting Marquez:

That's not the after from Mayweather, silly..

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
pbroy said:

pokoko said:

After fighting Marquez:

That's not the after from Mayweather, silly..

The fight, best described by Britney Spears:

https://youtu.be/CzYUAVK0qJM

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

jlmurph2 said:

You know, that's the first time I've seen that. How many boring minutes went on in the match befoe this happened? 

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

This is really driving some of you crazy huh? lol

Around the Network

You can not like a style of boxing and still not be considered an arm-chair expert. Everyone understands that Mayweather is a great boxer. That he can't be hit is an exceptional talent and has earned him his place among the best ever.

Personally I don't like this style. I know how effective it is, I know how difficult it is. But it still doesn't make for exciting viewing.

I like to see a more rounded exhibition, with more offensive styles coupled with great blocking, countering, footwork and endurance.

Mayweather knows how to win by the judges' scoring. While an effective method to win, I feel it goes against the spirit of boxing. I don't like the scoring system either, but that's just my opinion as well. And I don't know a more fair scoring system that could replace it.

I would have like to have seen this match 5 years ago when everyone was in their prime.. not this.. with no rematch..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

pbroy said:
jlmurph2 said:

Well not to derail this thread even more but soccer  baseball is a boring sport altogether. 

Fixed.

As far as boxing goes. A lot of people watch boxing to see people knocking each other the fuck out. People actually attempting to knock each other out. Not a game of tag. It looked like Mayweather was just touching Pac's head to score points and then run. Then hug if Pac was about to do damage. 

I'm aslo sure a lot of this disappointed towards the fight comes from the fact that most people have never seen Mayweather fight before or know of his evasiveness. The people who've seen some of him probably were surprised to see his new fighting element, "the hug".

Hugs win battles, not violence. Mayweather taught us that. He is truly the undisputed champion of the world.

New fighting element?  You've never heard of Muhammad Ali?  That's pretty wild.

pbroy said:
jlmurph2 said:

You know, that's the first time I've seen that. How many boring minutes went on in the match befoe this happened? 

Happened in round 2

Angelus said:
This is really driving some of you crazy huh? lol

I think a lot of us are just having fun with it. Some people are defensive though. 

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER