By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Fight Night - Mayweather vs. Pacquiao. Mayweather Wins, Unanimous Decision!

Tagged games:

Who will win?

Mayweather 96 27.83%

Pacquiao 144 41.74%

I don't care, view results 105 30.43%

Total:345

Heavy Weight boxing is a different story. Those are matches that can end in the 2nd or 3rd round, more exciting to watch imo

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
alternine said:
tiffac said:

Floyd Tactic: Run, Jab, Hug.

Manny Tactic: Chase, Wobble, Be Hugged.

We do not need a second fight. :/

Smh Thats boxing. If you don't like that you shouldn't  be watching it in the first place...

Maybe you should check who I was supporting for before you say that.

tiffac said:
keroncoward said:

Well to be fair the hype for this fight was to see if Manny could stop Floyd. The media and both fighters played into this good guy vs bad guy thing. Manny failed to deliver mainly cause he had inferior footwork and was afraid to throw punches for fear of being counterpunched. Floyd tagged him with straight rights and jabs all night. 

Didnt know you could run in boxing with your body always facing the opponent. What I will never get is Sugar Ray Robinson, Prince Naseem and Muhammed Ali was praised for using their superior footwork defensively and rolling away punches on the ropes (rope a dope) yet with Floyd its called running and hugging.

keroncoward said:
tiffac said:

Didnt know you could run in boxing with your body always facing the opponent. What I will never get is Sugar Ray Robinson, Prince Naseem and Muhammed Ali was praised for using their superior footwork defensively and rolling away punches on the ropes (rope a dope) yet with Floyd its called running and hugging.

Because none of those greats back peddled all night long and Floyd never did this in his other matches either. Floyd didn't just KO people from counter punching, he did it by shifting between aggressive and defense. People got use to his Technical side that they are forgetting this side of Mayweather but he was just happy to score in this match and never really looked to hurt Manny. This is why people are disappointed. I wanted to see the merciless Floyd.

To make things worse, as you guys have mentioned Manny was also underwhelming in many levels.

This is the reason there shouldn't be a rematch. Their combination is boring as hell!

The simple casuals in this thread.

"Floyd ran" - yet he out punched Pac.

"Pac is the better fighter" - yet Pac only landed 19% of all his punches.....the aggressor?
Floyd landed 34%, practically doubling his opponents, indicating a mismatch. So one sided that Floyd drops his hand in the 1st round because he knew Manny did not have the ring iq to figure the angles needed to pounce on Floyd... WOW

"Floyd was boring" - yet Pac was also in the ring and is also responsible for making the fight "entertaining"

"Floyd hugged all night" - its called "tieing-up" legal tatic, also hit and not get hit is boxing. hmm?

"Welp, Floyd beats women" - What does that have to do with you me and the what he does in the ring?

Around the Network

Rocky is still the best boxer of all time.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Darc Requiem said:
Boosted said:

Please son like those numbers matter.  You know not much about fight sports if you think moneys 2 years mean anything comapred to the ware Pac has suffered in his life.

Power is the last thing a fighter loses. Speed and reflexes go first. Floyd's style is completely dependent upon his speed and reflexes. Fighter dependent on speed like Floyd fade faster. I remember watching Roy Jones Jr. fade over night when he lost half a step.

Power is speed. Which is why Pac is not finishing fools like he used to.  

May is more like Hopkins a thinkier, then RJ.  Which is why hes still winning boring decisions over past greats.  Hes dependednt on strategy not his physical gifts.  He can do this for another few years still.  

loy310 said:

"Welp, Floyd beats women" - What does that have to do with you me and the what he does in the ring?

I guess they forgot that Pacman is a POLITICIAN. lol! xD

tiffac said:
keroncoward said:

Because none of those greats back peddled all night long and Floyd never did this in his other matches either. Floyd didn't just KO people from counter punching, he did it by shifting between aggressive and defense. People got use to his Technical side that they are forgetting this side of Mayweather but he was just happy to score in this match and never really looked to hurt Manny. This is why people are disappointed. I wanted to see the merciless Floyd.

To make things worse, as you guys have mentioned Manny was also underwhelming in many levels.

This is the reason there shouldn't be a rematch. Their combination is boring as hell!

The merciless Floyd is long gone along with the Merciless Manny. Age along with wear and tear on the body plays a huge role on boxers eventually. Every boxer goes out of their prime eventually so you cant blame any of them for something they cant control. However you have give Mayweather his credit for always finding a way to win despite time being against him so late in his career.

keroncoward said:

The merciless Floyd is long gone along with the Merciless Manny. Age along with wear and tear on the body plays a huge role on boxers eventually. Every boxer goes out of their prime eventually so you cant blame any of them for something they cant control. However you have give Mayweather his credit for always finding a way to win despite time being against him so late in his career.

I know man, I know. It saddens me that we will never see the inner Rocky Balboa in these guys again.

Hey! like I said, I'm in favor of Mayweather. So I'm happy with the results, just not with the match.

Besides these memes are hilarious, so I'm double greatful for Mayweathers' victory. xD