By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Fight Night - Mayweather vs. Pacquiao. Mayweather Wins, Unanimous Decision!

Tagged games:

Who will win?

Mayweather 96 27.83%

Pacquiao 144 41.74%

I don't care, view results 105 30.43%

Total:345
keroncoward said:
tiffac said:

I hope there won't be any rematch. That would just permanently kill Boxing altogether.

If there is a rematch Manny will surely suffer a worst loss seeing as Floyd already has his number.

Suffer? Both fighters looked like they went into a marathon run rather than a Boxing match. I assure you, no one will suffer and both will swim in money if there is a second fight. Then Boxing will truly die.

Around the Network
HesAPooka said:
cheshirescat said:
I was hyped about five years ago when the fight should have happened, but now--though it's hard for me to admit--Pacquiao's star has faded considerably. Mayweather should win this fight no problem.

I'm rooting for Mayweather, but to say he'll win because Pac has faded is a big stretch when Floyd is 2 years older than pac. 36 vs 38 is a big difference.

You misunderstood my point.  Indeed, I don't even think Manny in his prime could beat the Mayweather of right now.  When I said Pacquiao's star had faded I meant in no way his skill in the ring but his mystique as a fighter.  When Marquez put all his years of frustration into one punch and knocked Manny the fuck out it was over, in that one moment he ceased being the Pac-man of old.  And let's be honest, Marquez gave Manny more trouble than anyone else and he probably should have won at least one of their previous bouts, and Marquez is more or less a poor man's Mayweather, and I don't mean American homeless poor, I mean third world nation, generations of destitution poor.

My point was, simply, that this fight did not hold the weight that it would have should it have played out five or so years ago when Manny was at the peak of his popularity in the West and seemed like he could have been a legitimate threat to Mayweather.  Five years ago the hype would have been real, as it stands the hype surrounding this fight was naught but smoke and mirrors living on the promises of the past never to be fulfilled.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

tiffac said:
keroncoward said:
tiffac said:

I hope there won't be any rematch. That would just permanently kill Boxing altogether.

If there is a rematch Manny will surely suffer a worst loss seeing as Floyd already has his number.

Suffer? Both fighters looked like they went into a marathon run rather than a Boxing match. I assure you, no one will suffer and both will swim in money if there is a second fight. Then Boxing will truly die.

Well to be fair the hype for this fight was to see if Manny could stop Floyd. The media and both fighters played into this good guy vs bad guy thing. Manny failed to deliver mainly cause he had inferior footwork and was afraid to throw punches for fear of being counterpunched. Floyd tagged him with straight rights and jabs all night. 

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Don't hit me please!

Mayweather just works the judges score card.

But apparently the experts watching the fight said Mayweather where in the center of the ring the whole time and Pacquiao weren't able to pressure him at all.

He pressured him with a barrage of hugs that's for sure.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
DonFerrari said:

But apparently the experts watching the fight said Mayweather where in the center of the ring the whole time and Pacquiao weren't able to pressure him at all.

He pressured him with a barrage of hugs that's for sure.

Pacman head was smealling a lot at the end of the fight... have you saw how many hugs had pac head in mayweather armpit?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

keroncoward said:

Well to be fair the hype for this fight was to see if Manny could stop Floyd. The media and both fighters played into this good guy vs bad guy thing. Manny failed to deliver mainly cause he had inferior footwork and was afraid to throw punches for fear of being counterpunched. Floyd tagged him with straight rights and jabs all night. 

Floyd Tactic: Run, Jab, Hug.

Manny Tactic: Chase, Wobble, Be Hugged.

We do not need a second fight. :/

tiffac said:
keroncoward said:

Floyd Tactic: Run, Jab, Hug.

Manny Tactic: Chase, Wobble, Be Hugged.

We do not need a second fight. :/

Smh Thats boxing. If you don't like that you shouldn't  be watching it in the first place...

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Ka-pi96 said:
hatmoza said:

Best one yet!

that made me laugh. lol