By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Fight Night - Mayweather vs. Pacquiao. Mayweather Wins, Unanimous Decision!

Tagged games:

Who will win?

Mayweather 96 27.83%

Pacquiao 144 41.74%

I don't care, view results 105 30.43%

Total:345

I would pay to watch UFC fight night on Fox sports even without a title fight then ever watch boxing again. 

Around the Network

Good thing I didn't lose any sleep over this fight of the $$$ crap. I regret not losing sleep over Spurs vs Clippers game 7 though.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

jlmurph2 said:
generic-user-1 said:

i dont get why this was mae into the biggest fight of the century, or decade or even year.  i think the klitschko fight last month was way more interresting(sure it wasnt a great fight, but they both realy tryed to win the match by K.O.)

Because Mayweather's been dodging this for years and people hate him for being so cocky and undefeated. Most figured since he was dodging this so much that Manny would be the one to beat him. 

sure but that doesnt make a fight great. i think they wanted a fight that will not end soon. the short fights arent so good for the marketing

generic-user-1 said:
jlmurph2 said:
generic-user-1 said:

i dont get why this was mae into the biggest fight of the century, or decade or even year.  i think the klitschko fight last month was way more interresting(sure it wasnt a great fight, but they both realy tryed to win the match by K.O.)

Because Mayweather's been dodging this for years and people hate him for being so cocky and undefeated. Most figured since he was dodging this so much that Manny would be the one to beat him. 

sure but that doesnt make a fight great. i think they wanted a fight that will not end soon. the short fights arent so good for the marketing

More rounds = more money

That fight was one of Mayweather's easier victories, the man has a mastery of the art of boxing no one else in this era has, I knew his defensive style was a counter to Pacquiao's approach but not by the margin shown today. Mayweather landed 148 punches to Pacman's 81, that's some insane defensive skill considering the latter tends to throw many punches.

Around the Network
chocoloco said:

I would pay to watch UFC fight night on Fox sports even without a title fight then ever watch boxing again. 

Honestly it's part of the reason, I've don't really care for boxing anymore. Even on a terrible UFC card there are couple of good fights.

I've noticed a lot of people on facebook are mad that it wasnt an all out slug fest or that it didnt end in KO and I have to tell them(did tell them). Boxing is about winning in varieties of ways, its not just all about KO'ing a target. It's also about outsmarting your opponent and wearing them down,out thinking them and out pointing them.

There's more than one style to boxing than just KO'ing and brawling

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

RCTjunkie said:
From Yik Yak:

"Mayweather is supposed to hit his opponents and hug his wife. I guess he got that mixed up."

LOL! =D

Pocky Lover Boy! 

PwerlvlAmy said:
I've noticed a lot of people on facebook are mad that it wasnt an all out slug fest or that it didnt end in KO and I have to tell them(did tell them). Boxing is about winning in varieties of ways, its not just all about KO'ing a target. It's also about outsmarting your opponent and wearing them down,out thinking them and out pointing them.

Thank you. These people don't know a damn thing about boxing.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

PwerlvlAmy said:

that happens if the media is blowing up a fight. everybody that made money with this has known that this will be a very boring and technical fight.  i just have seen it because i was at work and had nothing better to do(security is the lamest job ever, even if you have to watch animals).  for the most people the heavy weigh fight would have been much more interesting, but such a fight could end in 1 round...