By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Fight Night - Mayweather vs. Pacquiao. Mayweather Wins, Unanimous Decision!

Tagged games:

Who will win?

Mayweather 96 27.83%

Pacquiao 144 41.74%

I don't care, view results 105 30.43%

Total:345

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:
jlmurph2 said:
keroncoward said:
Boxing is the sport to hit and not be hit. If you want to see guys stand in one spot and slug it out watch UFC instead. With that said, anyone who has laced up gloves and stepped into a ring would know it takes a lot of skill to evade punches and keep your distance. Mayweather clearly won there is no debate and should not be any doubt in every sane person's mind. How can you miss your opponent with flurries when hes in the corner of the ropes?

Finally some logic.

it was sooo boring, like most welter matches.  the light small boxer  re way more dynamic and the heavy boxer are just much more impressive.

Which is why I can't understand somebody trying to compare this to a Tyson fight. It makes no sense.

hatmoza said:

well this was more dwarf hugging...  

hatmoza said:

Lol true, but I'm kinda guilty of this too. Same thing happened where everyone was suddenly a lawyer with the Trayvon Martin/Mike Brown cases or pro futbol commentators/analyzers with the World Cup.

Manny should have mimicked Floyds fighting style. Tag once, make sure he doesn't get hit once, then run away. Manny would have won that way.

Around the Network

... So thats what we call boxing these days is it?? Yawn, literally Golf is more interesting than that.

lol at people talking bout floyd running  I swear people think boxing is supposed to be a street fight...floyd put on a masterful performance  and took away all of Pacquiaos strengths.. Just another day at the office for moneymay

jlmurph2 said:
generic-user-1 said:
jlmurph2 said:
keroncoward said:
Boxing is the sport to hit and not be hit. If you want to see guys stand in one spot and slug it out watch UFC instead. With that said, anyone who has laced up gloves and stepped into a ring would know it takes a lot of skill to evade punches and keep your distance. Mayweather clearly won there is no debate and should not be any doubt in every sane person's mind. How can you miss your opponent with flurries when hes in the corner of the ropes?

Finally some logic.

it was sooo boring, like most welter matches.  the light small boxer  re way more dynamic and the heavy boxer are just much more impressive.

Which is why I can't understand somebody trying to compare this to a Tyson fight. It makes no sense.

i dont get why this was mae into the biggest fight of the century, or decade or even year.  i think the klitschko fight last month was way more interresting(sure it wasnt a great fight, but they both realy tryed to win the match by K.O.)

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

generic-user-1 said:
jlmurph2 said:

i dont get why this was mae into the biggest fight of the century, or decade or even year.  i think the klitschko fight last month was way more interresting(sure it wasnt a great fight, but they both realy tryed to win the match by K.O.)

Because Mayweather's been dodging this for years and people hate him for being so cocky and undefeated. Most figured since he was dodging this so much that Manny would be the one to beat him.