By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order: 1886... Is its backlash good or bad?

Are the poor reviews for Order: 1886 justified?

Absolutely! Let the game burn to the ground! 53 17.85%

Yes. I don't want develo... 71 23.91%

Meh. I don't really mind either way. 45 15.15%

No. I think it has been reviewed unfairly. 92 30.98%

Not at all! This game is amazing! 36 12.12%

Total:297
KLAMarine said:
I think it's good: feedback is always good, positive or negative.

RaD should learn from this because from what I've seen, TO had potential. The gun play looks meaty and this could have been Sony's Gears of War. Shame.

Actually that would've been good for the whole "new" gen - a game like Gears that make people convince to actually buy one of both consoles. This still didn't happen for me, though. Bloodborne could be. And perhaps UC4. Another Gears will not make it in 2015, sadly.

Around the Network
zippy said:
Mikmster said:

play it then compare, they are way different games.  

Both games aim for the same goal though, to create a cinematic experience, and I know which one gives me better value for money ;)

Never saw ME as a cinematic experience first and foremost.  

If you are cheap and expect x amout of content for x then well its your choice, cool.

If you have some friends playing it, ask them. Matacritic became a joke lately. Better to ask people you trust.
I'm playing it, but just started. I like it so far, more impressions once I play more of it.

Mikmster said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

Maybe it's not to my tastes either, but the reviews that gave a low score gave enough reasons to justify low scores.

I suppose you already played it? Nope.

own it, played it. 

I dont talk out of my ass like you on subjects with no first hand experience.  Im not a child, i actually buy games and play em.  Own all 3 consoles becasue i just havet got the time for fanboy crap, i want to play all the games especially the console exclusive gems.  

Great for you then. If true. I can't actually own all 3 and don't need to. 2 is enough.

Chuck in a co-op horde mode and maybe some scoring system for replayability and the game scores higher straight away. wouldnt have taken too long to add a little more content surely.

Around the Network

People miss out on alot of good games, due to only going by reviews from Metacritic and such. Reviews are helpful, if these sites would start deleting user reviews of people whom have obviously, not even played the game. Hell, one of the reviews on Amazon says that they were at the midnight launch for the game, and were done with it at 4:26 am.

I can understand that Ready at Dawn tried to make a 'single player, story driven, cinematic game' and can respect that. But it doesnt stop the game from being bad.

In all honesty a ''cinematic driven game'' is an oxymoron. Taking gameplay away makes it less of a game, and im sure gamers want actual games.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

After the way DriveClub was reviewed by the gaming press I stopped caring for all of them, there was so much disconnect with how great the game was... Same for the stupid concern previews, DriveClub was my most played game for a while, and its great for a quick play acfew times a week, I don't see it getting less use anytime soon.

So for the Order, I will have to wait until I have time to try it out to make my mind, it's certainly not a bunch of  forum dwellers who did not even play it that will convince me of anything about this game.

Maraccuda said:
I can understand that Ready at Dawn tried to make a 'single player, story driven, cinematic game' and can respect that. But it doesnt stop the game from being bad.

In all honesty a ''cinematic driven game'' is an oxymoron. Taking gameplay away makes it less of a game, and im sure gamers want actual games.

Thje game isn't bad though. I own the game and the worst thing about this game is that there aren't enough full-on gameplay segments. The best thing though, by far, is its atmosphere, and it makes a diference. I've played many games with brilliant atmosphere like BioShock, Assassin's Creed II and Forza Horizon 2, but this beats them in atmosphere. The world is well-developed too. The only thing that's really wrong with this game are having too many QTE's, too many cutscenes, less of gameplay and its short length.

I've not finished the game yet, played 2 hours of it and the story is definitely interesting.

GTAexpert said:
Maraccuda said:

Thje game isn't bad though. I own the game and the worst thing about this game is that there aren't enough full-on gameplay segments. The best thing though, by far, is its atmosphere, and it makes a diference. I've played many games with brilliant atmosphere like BioShock, Assassin's Creed II and Forza Horizon 2, but this beats them in atmosphere. The world is well-developed too. The only thing that's really wrong with this game are having too many QTE's, too many cutscenes, less of gameplay and its short length.

I've not finished the game yet, played 2 hours of it and the story is definitely interesting.

Fair enough, definitely would have been much better with more gameplay segments.

But with such a game having a great story and atmosphere I always wonder why not simply make it an actual movie or book instead.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda