By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order: 1886... Is its backlash good or bad?

Are the poor reviews for Order: 1886 justified?

Absolutely! Let the game burn to the ground! 53 17.85%

Yes. I don't want develo... 71 23.91%

Meh. I don't really mind either way. 45 15.15%

No. I think it has been reviewed unfairly. 92 30.98%

Not at all! This game is amazing! 36 12.12%

Total:297

It's bad because the backlash is blown out of proportion. Even though The Order is inherently flawed and short it is now somehow considered "everything bad about gaerming" and that contributes to the ongoing cynicism in the Internet that all new games are "bad" and only perfect games should be made.

.- -... -.-. -..

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
bashing the game before it's playable, before it's development is finished, railroading it before reviewers review it, and because of I, and not so complicated the developers pretty much tell you what they're going for, and you still go down on the game.

metric is more about debate than a tool to use for a games worth or quality.

Sounds like this guy didn't hear what critics were saying about Wolfenstein: The New Order prior to release.

Destiny seemed like a potential GOTY but reviews didn't reflect that. So what critics feel prior to release doesn't always reflect their feelings after playing the game.

Critics wanted to hate Ryse, but it was surprisingly not terrible. Expectations for The Order started high but dwindled as Sony failed to make the game look interesting.

Anyhow, a 65 is not a terrible score. If had some decent multiplayer that might have boosted it to a 70.

good point, i agree.

It's a good game length made it made but it's great

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Glad it got backlash. Game was all style and no substance. Yes the visuals and production values were absolutely insane but the aspect ratio, quick time events, length, lack of innovation, boring sections etc were glaring.