By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony making a turnaround - aiming at $4.20bn profit by end of FY 2017

If they can get ps plus subscribers over 20 million they will be raking in the cash. Maximum they could get is probably 30 million subs. What was the high point for xbl subs on the 360?

Around the Network

I think these news points toward Sony looking into an even more digitized Playstation platform than they have today. They know the hardware based gaming market will shrink massively and will simply try to position themselves in digital gaming where margins are a bit higher and possibility of profit is more likely.

Burek said:
Mikmster said:
" the Company will strive to further expand the installed user base of the PlayStation platform and PlayStation Network (PSN)."

Price cuts coming, increasing the PS4 user base fast is instrumental to their strategy.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

With gaming being one of their cornerstones now, I believe more investments in exclusive games and studios is to be expected. It will be exciting to follow the news...

Yep, entertaiment is a growing business.  Sony know it first hand.

PS3 and vita should get a cut thsi year also.  

Puppyroach said:
I think these news points toward Sony looking into an even more digitized Playstation platform than they have today. They know the hardware based gaming market will shrink massively and will simply try to position themselves in digital gaming where margins are a bit higher and possibility of profit is more likely.

eventually yahh but that might be 15/20 years from now. 

I hope Sony gets well soon but what exactly does ""Sony will position Return on Equity (ROE) as its primary key performance indicator" mean? What will be their ROE? And I guess the target is set way too high but let's see what they can manage to achieve.

Around the Network

Not gonna happen they should wake up from their sleep before announcing something this ridiculous

TheGoldenBoy said:

Sounds good. I just hope it all works out.

Now where's kowenicki with his analysis since the dude actually knows what the fuck he is talking about in terms of business and I want to read what he says.

Good to see I'm not the only one who likes reading what he has to say.

Every company aims at being profitable, especially during term plans and/or start ups. Would be dumb not to have a plan and not to forecast profit.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Sony still has a long way to go to reclaim their former glory in the 90s

vivster said:
I feel like I heard something like that before.

Indeed. Half a dozen times, I'd hardly say they're making a turnaround until, you know, they actually are.

Strong yen has helped them immensly lately, as well as selling off assets.