By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony making a turnaround - aiming at $4.20bn profit by end of FY 2017

Sticky said:
Ssliasil said:
I expect Sony stock to plummet hard over the next few days due to this news.

People, now expecting massive profit - will sell their stocks to lower the stock value and re purchase them at a lower price point to maximize profits.

Their stock is up 5.3% on the news :P

It also started down about $1.50 today ;) So people sold their shares in the After and Pre Hours Sharing sessions, then bought them back very early in the day.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Around the Network
Ssliasil said:
Sticky said:
Ssliasil said:

People, now expecting massive profit - will sell their stocks to lower the stock value and re purchase them at a lower price point to maximize profits.

It also started down about $1.50 today ;) So people sold their shares in the After and Pre Hours Sharing sessions, then bought them back very early in the day.

But you said it will plummet over the next few days. When will the plummeting happen?

Lawlight said:
Ssliasil said:
Sticky said:
Ssliasil said:

But you said it will plummet over the next few days. When will the plummeting happen?

Well i was certainly wrong about the  few days thing, that plummet happened way faster than I expected as everyone sold their shares in last nights After Market shifting (Sony stock dropped about $1.50 in after hours) and then re-bought early today at a much lower price.

In fact the same thing happened tonight as well...though it only dropped $0.55 in tonights after market. 

Everything i said WOULD happen, did happen...just on a faster than expected time table.  

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Ssliasil said:
Lawlight said:

Well i was certainly wrong about the  few days thing, that plummet happened way faster than I expected as everyone sold their shares in last nights After Market shifting (Sony stock dropped about $1.50 in after hours) and then re-bought early today at a much lower price.

In fact the same thing happened tonight as well...though it only dropped $0.55 in tonights after market. 

Everything i said WOULD happen, did happen...just on a faster than expected time table.  

Did you forget to mention that it still went up $0.87 from yesterday?

ony so

Lawlight said:
Ssliasil said:

Dude, you're missing the full picture here.  I said that current investors (well investors of two days ago now) would temporatily sell their shares, so they could BUY THEM AGAIN at a lower price than they sold them for...this would allow them to maximize profits before the coming BOOM in the Sony Stocks and rush to buy them. 

Which DID happen, just on a very different time table than I expected.  Stock prices went WAY down in the Pre and After Hour markets BECAUSE smart investors were selling Sony Stock....this LOWERED the pre-market SNE stock by $1.50 the first day.  They then BOUGHT their shares back EARLY at a LOWER price than they sold them for when the market officially opened allowing them to make a good chunk of profit initially.  The stocks on the first day went from NEGATIVE $1.50 day-over-day...to POSITIVE $1.40ish day over day in the same day. (I forget the exact amount)

I thought this process would happen over a two or three day period where the stocks would drop quite a bit over two days then explode upward on the third...but it happened all in one day...I was wrong with the Time Frame, right in the over all. 

Around the Network
Ssliasil said:

ony so

Lawlight said:

Dude, you're missing the full picture here.  I said that current investors (well investors of two days ago now) would temporatily sell their shares, so they could BUY THEM AGAIN at a lower price than they sold them for...this would allow them to maximize profits before the coming BOOM in the Sony Stocks and rush to buy them. 

Which DID happen, just on a very different time table than I expected.  Stock prices went WAY down in the Pre and After Hour markets BECAUSE smart investors were selling Sony Stock....this LOWERED the pre-market SNE stock by $1.50 the first day.  They then BOUGHT their shares back EARLY at a LOWER price than they sold them for when the market officially opened allowing them to make a good chunk of profit initially.  The stocks on the first day went from NEGATIVE $1.50 day-over-day...to POSITIVE $1.40ish day over day in the same day. (I forget the exact amount)

I thought this process would happen over a two or three day period where the stocks would drop quite a bit over two days then explode upward on the third...but it happened all in one day...I was wrong with the Time Frame, right in the over all. 

Mate, you said that the stock price would plummet over the next few days but never mentioned anything about it going back. Maybe next time you'll state your point better but, in the meantime, you've been proven wrong.

Lawlight said:
Ssliasil said:

ony so

Lawlight said:

Mate, you said that the stock price would plummet over the next few days but never mentioned anything about it going back. Maybe next time you'll state your point better but, in the meantime, you've been proven wrong.

Read my first post again bro, I said the stock would plummet as investors prepare to maximize profit.  You took that as me saying, "Oh Sony is going to fall miserably...not at all what I said, YOU took it way out of context.