By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Studio Behind Phantom Dust Reboot Shuts Down

OttoniBastos said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Does Microsoft have anyone internally that can develop this game? This is like the second time a games developer has changed hands. Thrice is never good luck.

This^ MS needs to give their ips for their first party studios.It's the third time they give their IP for a third party and some shit happens.

Killer instinct was developed by double Helix,The studio was bought buy someone else.

MCC was developed by a bunch of third party studios,we know what happened.

Now Phantom Dust.

Exactly, and people attack me on this site for pointing things like this out which they so boldly ignore about Microsoft. As much as I love Phil Spencer his answer to a couple of questions to questions of development is "we'll find someone to develop that", rather than "Lets build up an allstar team and dedicate ourselves to said game or genre". See...the reason why its hard to trust their development because internally they'eve always been less than stellar. They cannot even be considered comparable to their competition, but they are damn good at finding other peoples games and buying up the IP real estate. This is why I invest in them. Eventually that ideal gets old and they dont have anything that they are truly known for being great at internally develpping. I want that day to come for Microsoft where they finally get that bit of respect from not only the gaming media, but gamers themselves.

Around the Network
Versus_Evil said:
Its a business, if you can't deliver you give it to someone who can /thread

and thats why MS now has only halo and forza left with this mentality.

That sucks, but at least the game didn't get cancelled!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Jeez, that doesn't sound so good. Microsoft really needs to step up with the XB1 exclusives because this isn't cutting it.

A damn shame, mostly for the studio.

Around the Network
OttoniBastos said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Does Microsoft have anyone internally that can develop this game? This is like the second time a games developer has changed hands. Thrice is never good luck.

This^ MS needs to give their ips for their first party studios.It's the third time they give their IP for a third party and some shit happens.

Killer instinct was developed by double Helix,The studio was bought buy someone else.

MCC was developed by a bunch of third party studios,we know what happened.

Now Phantom Dust.

And nothing when wrong with Killer instinct, what's your point?

You and STAGE are kidding right, suddenly cooperation with outside developer is not okay? and not respectful? the hell?

MCC is shit happens, but other are just bussiness happens, especially KI still keep imporving after new studio take it, not become worse

Honestly, it's ALWAYS depressing when I see another set off studio layoffs :( Best of luck to them and I'm glad Microsoft is going forward with this Reboot.