By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Studio Behind Phantom Dust Reboot Shuts Down

Let's look at the positives... at least we now know the studio that was working on it.

Around the Network

Just cancel it no one asked for this reboot in the first place. It was niche the first time around now is in a development mess.

Xenostar said:
Just cancel it no one asked for this reboot in the first place. It was niche the first time around now is in a development mess.

It's a game like no other in the industry. And it's a cult classic.

RolStoppable said:
Goatseye said:
vivster said:
So it begins...

Only a matter of time until someone of the higher ups calls Phil and cancels Xbox.

If that happens we'll have to play Nintendo games or interactive Blu-ray movies.

Doesn't sound bad, actually.

Nintendo games or interactive Blu-ray?

Goatseye said:
RolStoppable said:

Doesn't sound bad, actually.

Isn't the Xbox One an interactive blu ray? At least that's what the marketing made it sound like, maybe I misunderstood.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Goatseye said:

Either one is an improvement, no?

No. I like some Nintendo games though.

Kresnik said:
How sad for them. 50 people is quite a hefty layoff.

Have to wonder about the quality of the game up until that point if it's having the plug pulled on it, though. Wonder who's working on it now.

Doesn't really seem to be the case from what the anonmyous souce said. Maybe MS found someone who can finish it for cheaper.

Goatseye said:
RolStoppable said:
Goatseye said:

Either one is an improvement, no?

No. I like some Nintendo games though.

What do any of the telltale games have anything to do with this thread? u r derailing the conversation. 

As ive said before. The ground work has already been laid and the studio that takes over will likely take over from there. Kenn Lobb's team is working on it. I imagine itll be released in 2016. Under what studio, i dont have a clue

well there is no worry, Xbox game studios will able to finish the production with all the money and resource. But it's too bad the studios close, i hope Xbox game studios recruiting some of the staff.