By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

A emo devil vs the freaking GOD of WAR.

tough pick lol.

Around the Network
iclim4 said:
xstonexcold316x said:
iclim4 said:
Nope, He's no longer a God after he lost the sword, Leo-J has proven that.
But he did recover the sword in the end so he is a God.

"and only a God can kill a God"
Kratos was mortal and he killed Ares.

only because he opened Pandoras Box which gave him the power of a god

Having the power of a God doesn't really mean you're a God.
So it doesn't really push your claim any further.

From Wikipedia:

"He fights his way through the attacking forces to find the Oracle of Athens, and learns from her that only Pandora's Box can give a mortal the power to kill a god "

so while hes a mortal the only way for anything other than a god to kill a god is to use pandoras box

EDIT: Although you could take his powers away the way Zues did, by stealing his powers or by using the Blade Of Olympus you could also "kill" him

Both characters kick A$$. End of the discussion.

xstonexcold316x said:
iclim4 said:
xstonexcold316x said:
iclim4 said:

From Wikipedia:

"He fights his way through the attacking forces to find the Oracle of Athens, and learns from her that only Pandora's Box can give a mortal the power to kill a god "

so while hes a mortal the only way for anything other than a god to kill a god is to use pandoras box

EDIT: Although you could take his powers away the way Zues did, by stealing his powers or by using the Blade Of Olympus you could also "kill" him

Dante is an Immortal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

iclim4 said:
makingmusic476 said:
iclim4 said:

But I dont think Gods can ever become mortals in greek mythology.(from my understanding, I'm not really in depth with greek mythology)
Also Aries was killed and he was a God so was Athena.
Him being killed by Zeus is no proof.

That is one thing that confused me about the intro video. Gaia said he was mortal with out the sword, but if gods a mortal with their god powers, then how did he kill Ares in the first place? 0_o

Let's just agree that the game's mythos isn't very consistent. :P

Although, since he is the son of Zeus, maybe he does have the power to kill gods, but only gods (and half gods) can kill gods?

I really dont know. Though If demigods resurrect in the underworld when they die, shouldn't Hercules be kicking Hades ass in greek mythology after he was poisoned.

Gah! You channged what you said again! It's so confusing!

C'mon man, at least type "edited" or something. :P

And I guess agree. However, in greek mythology after somebody went to the underworld, would they normally have been able to climb back out ala Kratos? Maybe Hercules did go down there, but he couldn't do a damn thing about it.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
iclim4 said:
makingmusic476 said:
iclim4 said:

But I dont think Gods can ever become mortals in greek mythology.(from my understanding, I'm not really in depth with greek mythology)

That is one thing that confused me about the intro video. Gaia said he was mortal with out the sword, but if gods a mortal with their god powers, then how did he kill Ares in the first place? 0_o

Although, since he is the son of Zeus, maybe he does have the power to kill gods, but only gods (and half gods) can kill gods?

I really dont know. Though If demigods resurrect in the underworld when they die, shouldn't Hercules be kicking Hades ass in greek mythology after he was poisoned.

And I guess agree. However, in greek mythology after somebody went to the underworld, would they normally have been able to climb back out ala Kratos? Maybe Hercules did go down there, but he couldn't do a damn thing about it.

I don't know. Only souls go to the underworld.
Do you think Gods and demi Gods have souls?
And if Gods do go to the underworld when they die, that would mean Hades is unkillable.
Everytime he dies he would just poof back to the underworld.

Wait what did I change?! I cant remember anymore >.<

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

iclim4 said:
makingmusic476 said:
iclim4 said:
makingmusic476 said:
iclim4 said:

And if Gods do go to the underworld when they die, that would mean Hades is unkillable.

Yeah, but if you kill a god, don't you get there powers like Kratos did when killing Ares?  If so, then when somebody killed Hades, wouldn't Hades be not only in the underworld, but also powerless?

About what you changed...you basically talked about greek mythology in general, then went back and replaced it with your Hercules example. 

You did something similar in the ps3 exclusives thread the other day, too.  It makes me think I'm going crazy and seeing things! :|

Who cares if Dante is immortal. Kratos defeated two freaking Gods.

makingmusic476 said:
iclim4 said:
makingmusic476 said:

Yeah, but if you kill a god, don't you get there powers like Kratos did when killing Ares?  If so, then when somebody killed Hades, wouldn't Hades be not only in the underworld, but also powerless?

About what you changed...you basically talked about greek mythology in general, then went back and replaced it with your Hercules example. 

You did something similar in the ps3 exclusives thread the other day, too.  It makes me think I'm going crazy and seeing things! :|

I'm sorry >.<

well Herc's wife killed Hercules and she didn't get his powers.

Anyway I'm willing to let this go... I'm tired.

iclim4 said:
xstonexcold316x said:
iclim4 said:
xstonexcold316x said:
iclim4 said:

From Wikipedia:

Dante is an Immortal.

Kratos is now Immortal as well since athena made him a god at the end of GOW 1