By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

People who played both games should know this....
DANTE IS FREAKING IMMMORTAL you cannot kill him no matter what...watch the cut scene with Alastor in which he gets stabbed with the sword and just gets back...watch the first cut scene in DMC 3 in which he gets stabbed like 5 times and juz shakes it off....on the Other hand Kratos just comes back from the underworld when he dies...so its an Immortal who can never die vs. A guy who just dies and comes back....eventually Kratos will get tired...so i would choose the Immortal hence Dante for the Win

Around the Network
leo-j said:
This is a thread about who would win in one match, not "KRATOS IS FOREVER A GOD!" please stay on topic.

Someone doesn't know how to carry out a debate.
You need to have supporting details to prove your claim.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

sparda2020 said:
DANTE IS FREAKING IMMMORTAL you cannot kill him no matter what...watch the cut scene with Alastor in which he gets stabbed with the sword and just gets back...watch the first cut scene in DMC 3 in which he gets stabbed like 5 times and juz shakes it off....on the Other hand Kratos just comes back from the underworld when he dies...so its an Immortal who can never die vs. A guy who just dies and comes back....eventually Kratos will get tired...so i would choose the Immortal hence Dante for the Win

This is why I'm trying to prove that kratos is a God.
Gods in GOW's mythology dont go to the underworld since they are immortal to begin with.
They just disappear, If Kratos was a God and he lost, he would not be able to climb back up.
Ever wondered why Aries and Athena never came back up from the underworld?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

iclim4 said:
sparda2020 said:

Gods in GOW's mythology dont go to the underworld since they are immortal to begin with.
They just disappear, If Kratos was a God and he lost, he would not be able to climb back up.

Then your statement is poven false, kratos did in fact climb back up from the underworld, therefore he is not a god going by your statement.

mM

im juz trying to say that there is no way kratos can win against an immortal either way

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
iclim4 said:

But I dont think Gods can ever become mortals in greek mythology.(from my understanding, I'm not really in depth with greek mythology)
Also Aries was killed and he was a God so was Athena.
Him being killed by Zeus is no proof.

That is one thing that confused me about the intro video.  Gaia said he was mortal with out the sword, but if gods a mortal with their god powers, then how did he kill Ares in the first place? 0_o

Let's just agree that the game's mythos isn't very consistent. :P 

Although, since he is the son of Zeus, maybe he does have the power to kill gods, but only gods (and half gods) can kill gods? 

I really dont know. Though If demigods resurrect in the underworld when they die, shouldn't Hercules be kicking Hades ass in greek mythology after he was poisoned.

Lulz, I quoted my previous post instead of edited it. Ignore this. ^^

sparda2020 said:
im juz trying to say that there is no way kratos can win against an immortal either way

Just cut dante in little pieces, if he is immortal he would be alive and lying there with forever pain!

mM

Kratos would win in a fight.

Dante would win in a debate.

leo-j said:
iclim4 said:
sparda2020 said:

Then your statement is poven false, kratos did in fact climb back up from the underworld, therefore he is not a god going by your statement.

Well you got me there, I forgot about that part.
But maybe its as makingmusic said.
He is mortal without the sword.
and since he did hold the sword last at the end, that would mean he is a God at the end of GoWII.

I have to agree makingmusic, the games mythos isn't very consistent =/