Forums - Sony Discussion - The order's 1886 first review 7,5/10

alternine said:
Don't know where this all out hate for QTE's came from.

Fun fact. I had a QTE boss fight against Buck in Far Cry 3 the night before the boss fight video leaked. It was weird at first but I ended up enjoying it and knifing that bastard felt great. I felt the same about the numerous QTE boss fights in The Wolf Among Us. However, seeing everyone go apeshit over the QTE bossfight in the order was  interesting. I just dunno.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
How anticlimactic. After all the hatred and defending, it just ends up being merely mediocre.

Based on this score, I expect a Metascore in the 60s. So ultimately it's going to end up below the range of mediocrity and fall into the category of complete shit.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
I. Am. Shocked.

Click HERE and be happy 

it still will sell well, I think

Click HERE and be happy 

Not on my console of choice, but if it was, I would buy it. RYSE got panned by the media and the critics and I liked it that much I got 100% achievements on it. QTE's don't bother me if they aren't too intrusive. I don't like sitting through too many cutscenes, but this game at least has a good atmosphere to it. The worst gripe I've read about is this:

"https://twitter.com/TheRazorRex/status/567520353552187392/photo/1"

I've included the apostrophes (which should be removed if you want to view it) to avoid spoilers for those still getting it. For me, this would again not be a deal breaker but could have been done better.

Around the Network
true_fan said:
Zekkyou said:
true_fan said:
7.5 sounds too high based on the cons listed. The amount of time you spend watching the game is nearly as much time as you are playing the game, shameful.

It's shameful for a game with a strong focus on being cinematic to have a lot of cinematic? Huh.

You don't think The Order went a bit overboard with the "cinematics" as you say?

Game time will vary depending on the difficulty setting, gamer skill and how much you rush things. Cut scene time is constant. And it's 3hrs of cutscene and QTEs. No idea of the breakdown of how much of that is QTEs, which is gameplay.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

true_fan said:
Zekkyou said:

It's shameful for a game with a strong focus on being cinematic to have a lot of cinematic? Huh.

You don't think The Order went a bit overboard with the "cinematics" as you say?

Why would i think that? I don't use my preferences as a basis for what a game should or shouldn't do. If RAD think they can provide a compelling narrative through atmosphere, characters and cut-scenes, then i wish them all the best. If it doesn't turn out well then they'll have something to build off going forwards.

Areym said:

Sounds fair enough. I have no quarrel with QTE so it won't be a negative for me (unless the final boss or a major boss is QTE exclusive)

I'll get my money's worth if I enjoy the game and what it offers. I usually only play A new game for about an hour a day (If it is fairly linear, like TLoU and Uncharted) to elongate the over experience, makes me look forward to my next play if the game is interesting enough.

lol, watch the final boss figth on youtube and save yourself 60 bucks.

Pros:

+Great atmosphere.
+Incredible graphics
+Quick gameplay

Cons:

-Very short game (7 hours long, 3 of them being cutscenes and QTE) (like 90% of the games)
-QTE everywhere ( No problem )
-Poor replayability (This is subjective)
-Very bad timming because the game interrupts the gunplay with lots of QTE ( QTE is gameplay)

Still Day 1 for me

RolStoppable said:
Teeqoz said:
How anticlimactic. After all the hatred and defending, it just ends up being merely mediocre.

Based on this score, I expect a Metascore in the 60s. So ultimately it's going to end up below the range of mediocrity and fall into the category of complete shit.

I was expecting you to have ready some witty reply for me, but you didn't