By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The last Guardian trademark was abandoned..

From December

When asked to share his memories from a title he worked on in 2014 or an upcoming title, Ueda responded, "Talks with Sony Computer Entertainment on The Last Guardian have been ironed out, and we're making progress under completely new conditions. I'm also working on some other things that I'll hopefully be able to show in time if progress is smooth."

I don't think they would cancel it this soon after reconfirming it. 

Around the Network

It's time to move on, people!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Someone needs to call Sony out on this game. Seriously it's getting annoying that Sony refuses to admit it's been cancelled.

This game should've been out by 2011 so even if it does come out it's on Last Guardian by name only.

I hope it's abandoned. After all the hype and waiting it would have been unfairly and harshly judged. might aswell make a new and fresh idea.

They are trying to beat Duke Nukem Forever's development cycle.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Kerotan said:
I hope it's abandoned. After all the hype and waiting it would have been unfairly and harshly judged. might aswell make a new and fresh idea.

It's probably not, they made it very clear last year it was actually being made and well focused now.
Also, 10 years of resources, work and waiting by our part, wouldn't be a good idea to throw it out, only if they really, REALLY, can't achieve what they want there with the game (in vision and quality), so they refuse to release it.

For all we know they haven't put any resources into it for 6 years now.  They may have started over. 

Shadow of the colossus 2

Maybe they actually came to their senses and are going to return to the working title "Trico". It's far less emo and generic sounding than "The Last Guardian."

About fuckin time

Don't you guys get it?

We are the last guardian.

The continuous cycle of its development is the game, and we've been playing it all along.

10/10.

(I'm not sure if anyone has made this joke before).