By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Konami PC sales on the rise

So wait, releasing games on PC causes more games to be bought on PC? I'd never imagined that!

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Ka-pi96 said:
okr said:
Yep, the good old PC is the platform of the past, present and future. More and more Japanese games getting ports or simultaneous releases.

In a few years only Nintendo games will be exclusively on their own systems. The rest will be on PC and the console wars will be a thing of the past.

I think you'll be waiting a very long time for that...

Probably true but it will happen and when it does it will be a good thing because it means we've all won and business has had to follow the more open trend.

Open trend? controlled by Mircrosofts directX and valves platform? All US monopolies. PC isnt as open as people think

without consoles you wouldnt see games like bayonetta 2, bloodborne or the last of us who were all funded by console manufactors. Look what happened to segas IPs and sponsored IPs if you want that in a massive scale.

Ka-pi96 said:
Ruler said:

PT is a demo it didnt do any money for konami, athor got that wrong 

Where is PT mentioned in the article?

PT is silent hills

IkePoR said:
Am I alone in wanting Konami to die?

You're not the only one who wants that to happen, trust me!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Ka-pi96 said:
okr said:
Ka-pi96 said:
okr said:
In a few years only Nintendo games will be exclusively on their own systems. The rest will be on PC and the console wars will be a thing of the past.

I think you'll be waiting a very long time for that...

It will happen and it will be fun.

I can see Microsoft going for it sooner rather than later. Not Sony though. PlayStation is becoming essential to them, add that to the fact that they just sold their PC oriented section and it really does look like they are in console for the long haul.

Hmm sony lost so many in the past (think monster hunter) and many J-games are now multiplatform...

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

Yeah, I could see them doing pretty much what Nintendo are doing. Nintendo focus on gaming and have always done well with that. Sony are slimming down are lot and gaming is becoming a bigger focus for them all the time. The market may well shrink, but there will always be a demand for consoles and with what Sony have done so far they seem to be in a position where they don't even need to do anything special. Just don't screw it up and they'll sell enough consoles.

The reason I find it very illogical though is ebcause they've failed in many places, nearly all at the same time and have had to retreat, other companies are taking what they shed and taking more ground, having less ground does not mean you will last forever, Nintendo started with elss to begin with and had actual experience with age along with money.

Don't forget the PS3 was sold at a loss for quite some years with Sony, take into account they had to let go of two primary HQ's, just because we're seeing this new first ever time Nintendo move of Sony doesn't auto gurantee they will last out forever, numbers, history and trends will tell us otherwise but I just don't see it worked out so well for them, they've had to sell and lose so much and gaining so little won't help with longevity, look at the PC market for example, Steam alone has 100 million users and shows absolutely no sign of stopping, each new console gen has users dropping in and out and always will but it won't climb higher than what PC has in terms of output.

It makes more sense for Sony to eventually go mobile/streaming/third party or even 2nd party than trying to sink money into closed ahrdware time after time, there will come a time where PC knowledge will become more profficient and more adopted than a console that's trying to be a PC, that's why I agreed with okr because it will happen based on technology advancing and becoming more open, closed hardware that stays behind the trend cannot keep up forever, I'm not exaclty an optomist but when it comes to things like tech and markets I'm heavy on with things changing and consoles will be the ones changing within at least 20-40 years at best.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I can see Microsoft going for it sooner rather than later. Not Sony though. PlayStation is becoming essential to them, add that to the fact that they just sold their PC oriented section and it really does look like they are in console for the long haul.

So essentially you're saying they will become an exact duplicate of Nintendo, complete with the money and time to sustain the one console?, are you really sure about that given that Nintendo has been in the game and been around longer than even your folks?.

Sony's had to shed off weight it couldn't sustain which onto itself is bad since it means it couldn't stave off other rivals from those other markets and had to withdraw, like how you'd imagine MS withdrawing first, I would imagine Sony doing the same shortly after, if it;s failed to compete against the markets it once held and was renowned for then I can't quite frankly see it lasting as long as Nintnendo who's been around 10 years and brought gaming from the crash and still survived being console only, I just can't see Sony doing what Nintendo do, especially with the lack of long term money, PS4 sales doesn't equate to Sony somehow outlasting everyone for the next 200 years, they will be long gone before 100 with the way the markets are quick to shift.

Sony has more money and assets than nintendo, they own a dozzens things, they allready turning around now

Ruler said:

Open trend? controlled by Mircrosofts directX and valves platform? All US monopolies. PC isnt as open as people think

without consoles you wouldnt see games like bayonetta 2, bloodborne or the last of us who were all funded by console manufactors. Look what happened to segas IPs and sponsored IPs if you want that in a massive scale.

You forget there being AMD, that Mac and Linux exist, that Vale is creating their own OS based on being as open as possible, being completely free..just like Linux..

It amazes me how you don't look at how Sony and anyone else monopolises games, you make it sound especially like Sony are the rgeatest saints to gaming and we should all be rgeatful for what they bought or own and restrict to who it sells to...

You also forget games funded on PC's that are actually successful and wouldn't have been possible on consoles either, that and ones that are funded by PC players and eventually get to grace consoles to which console only users love to add to the list of "exclusive" indie games in their list warz.

You still didn't asnwer my question to you in the other thread, why is that?, no need to ask where, you were in that thread.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Laughable article.

2013 PC releases - 3

2014 PC releases - 4

Ka-pi96 said:
Chazore said:

within at least 20-40 years at best.

That doesn't really agree with okr though, he said 'In a few years'.

It may well happen one day, but I still think it is a long long way off. Especially streaming. The internet infrastructure and prices aren't even good enough for it yet in some of the most developed countries add data caps into that and you've got a whole lot of people in the main markets who wouldn't go for it. Then you've got the emerging markets where streaming is even less viable. It may grow, but it will be a long time before those kinds of things can actually replace the console market.

That is why I said within at least 20, by then the internet infrastructure would hopefully be more stable and widespread than it is now, unfortunately I can't say the same about Moore's law by that time though.