By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rayman DLC in Smash 4? EDIT: DEBUNKED!

Tagged games:

spemanig said:
FINALLY! Lol, I was way too lazy and didn't feel like making a thread about it. It's so weird to have a 3rd party character that isn't iconic.

That's one of many things that weirds me out about this. Not to deny the plausability of this, mind you, but Rayman even at its peak, was never anywhere near Snake, Pac-Man, Mega Man, or Sonic, nor is Nintendo its platform of origin, so it doesn't even have Nintendo nostalgia going for it. If this turns out to be true, it would be an odd pick indeed.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Around the Network

only if that leads to ubisoft supporting nintendo platforms with non-shovelware games.

sundin13 said:

Wasn't it already confirmed that Mewtwo would be the only DLC? It looks good but I'm going to stay cautious...

Also, they use the exact same model for all three Rayman pics...

To the first point, don't believe everything Sakurai says. He said Melee was going to be the last Smash, which he said again after finishing Brawl.

To the second point, all the characters use the same models for the unlock screen and character pics.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Hmm, if the Rayman image is fake, it's a pretty good one. However, the image just doesn't seem to fit in quite right. It doesn't match well with the others. And Mewtwo... well, he's gonna be in there anyways.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Nahh! There are many more characters the deserve the spot than an Ubisoft character... Specially after the way they acted with Rayman Legends

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

Nahh! There are many more characters the deserve the spot than an Ubisoft character... Specially after the way they acted with Rayman Legends

My thoughts exactly.

Megaoverlord12 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

My thoughts exactly.

Thirded.

Bring us Bayo, damnit!

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Megaoverlord12 said:
sundin13 said:

Wasn't it already confirmed that Mewtwo would be the only DLC? It looks good but I'm going to stay cautious...

Also, they use the exact same model for all three Rayman pics...

To the first point, don't believe everything Sakurai says. He said Melee was going to be the last Smash, which he said again after finishing Brawl.

To the second point, all the characters use the same models for the unlock screen and character pics.

But these pics seem to be different in all the cases that I just checked

I hope his Final Smash is climbing on a radio tower and clearing the stage with that.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

sundin13 said:
Megaoverlord12 said:

But these pics seem to be different in all the cases that I just checked

That Villager pic is from the trailer. If he was unlockable, when you unlock him, he would use the art from the character pic on the fighter selection screen.