By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter 4 Thread: Hunting Season Is Now Open. Online Meets Avaliable!

Mr Khan said:
curl-6 said:
Fuck you Random Number generator, you fucking cuntrag.

Took full iron and old pickaxes to Crystal Clearing, every single one broke by the time I got 2 f the 4 sulphur crystals I needed.

Tried to finish by subquest; picked every single mushroom on the map, didn't get the Ripened one I needed.

Truly shitty game design, Capcom.

Quest abandonment is at least no-cost, so when stuff like that happens, you can start over with all the stuff you bought.

I ended up just letting it time out while I killed time on VGChartz/youtube. Got the earth crystal I needed, made the dragon sword and shield. >:D

Around the Network

Doesn't have to do with the game specifically but I got the Gore Magala plush that I ordered. Kinda strange to look at it and think that I killed so many...

Gunlance is fucking awesome. Why didn't i try this in Tri U?

Just weapons building today. Lost a lot of money. Now i should focus on climbing through high-rank.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Has anyone else noticed that sometimes when you walk up to a mining spot, the thing just disappears all like 

I'm now HR5. Played for practically 3 hours yesterday, which i haven't done with any game in a long time o_O.

Around the Network

There's a lot of anger in this thread. Let's all calm down and bash some little monster heads in.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

It says for my Cool Cleavers I need Zamtrios Fin+, what does the + mean?

KingdomHeartsFan said:

High Rank Monster. So you must've maxed out what you can get from low-rank parts, and cannot upgrade that weapon until you hit HR.

Mr Khan said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

High Rank Monster. So you must've maxed out what you can get from low-rank parts, and cannot upgrade that weapon until you hit HR.

So the high rank Zamtrios is significantly stronger than the regular one? 

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Mr Khan said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

So the high rank Zamtrios is significantly stronger than the regular one? 

Everything is. Basically you play this game three times: low rank, high rank, and G rank. Each has their own monsters, weapons, and armors, though they are mostly the same as the preceding rank (though high and G offer a wider variety of monsters). Low-rank armor is very weak in high rank, and high rank armor is very weak in G-rank.

Speaking of, apparently i need to upgrade my "expeditions" if i want to get the Guard Boost armor

And then there is no G-rank guard boost armor!?!

Edit: No, there is. the wiki was just lying to me.

use this resource, gaiz http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u