By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter 4 Thread: Hunting Season Is Now Open. Online Meets Avaliable!

Terrible fucking night. Played for over 90 minutes, failed every fucking quest due to getting paired with a bunch of goddamn incompetents.

Fah.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Terrible fucking night. Played for over 90 minutes, failed every fucking quest due to getting paired with a bunch of goddamn incompetents.

Fah.

That is quite bad luck Khan. It does seem to happen at the worst times though

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:

Fah.

That is quite bad luck Khan. It does seem to happen at the worst times though

I shouldn't have bailed on the group that was doing Red Khezu, that was the one i needed to get more HR5 quests unlocked (like high-rank Zinogre, which i need to upgrade my lance). Perhaps the rest was just karmic punishment.

Khezu, then Zinogre, then Najarala (both of those to upgrade to high-rank weapons), then gun for HR6, then grind Black Gravios for his armor, and grind Gravios for *his* armor, gun for G-rank, build a G-rank armor and G-rank weapons, then i have to go offline and get the Wycoon leveled up to the point that i can trade for G-rank monster parts with him, because apparently it's Barroth X that's the god-armor for Lancers this time around (the guard+/guard up combo that equates to "shield up, no worries.")

Whoo! Game is like a rollercoaster. Tonight i got in with a good team, helped with the Black Gravios urgent, twice (putting me on the road to getting the armor even before i hit HR6), got the Red Khezu quest i wanted, helped out with a few HR6 quests, made some epic dodges of Black Gravios' fire attack, got 4 wyvern gems (!), and in the last battle, spawned in the special mining site in volcanic hollow and gathered stuff worth 40,000z!

When this game is on, goddamn.

I just failed my first quest against the daimyo hermitaur :(.  It was the first quest after finishing the main story, the thing was taking out over half my hp with every hit. 

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:

I just failed my first quest against the daimyo hermitaur :(.  It was the first quest after finishing the main story, the thing was taking out over half my hp with every hit. 

Ha, yeah it's a cruel game like that. Only thing to do now is to upgrade and improve. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

Is Daimyo a high-rank monster? That's the question.

Plus you're going to fail against new monsters as often as not. A lot of this game is about pattern memorization and recognition, which then distills into instinct, a sense of knowing when, where, and how a monster is going to strike.

Friggin' Zinogre Jaspers. If i don't find one after tonight, i'm going to ditch and find some other high-rank lance to build.

Conegamer said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Ha, yeah it's a cruel game like that. Only thing to do now is to upgrade and improve. 

The thing is the armor set I have is the Nerscylla set that I made really early in the game, but I never changed because there as no other armor set that gave any significant improvement in defence compared to the +29 I get atm from each piece of my upgraded Nerscylla set.

The armor with the highest defence that I can make atm is the Duramboros set which starts off at +24 and will probably end up at +32 or something when its upgraded, doesn't seem like its worth the trouble to increase my defense by so little.

Mr Khan said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Is Daimyo a high-rank monster? That's the question.

Plus you're going to fail against new monsters as often as not. A lot of this game is about pattern memorization and recognition, which then distills into instinct, a sense of knowing when, where, and how a monster is going to strike.

Friggin' Zinogre Jaspers. If i don't find one after tonight, i'm going to ditch and find some other high-rank lance to build.

I'm not sure, the quest level has 7 stars.

You win this round, random number generator. No high-rank zinogre lance for me. Now i'll have to direct-forge some weak garbage for lots of money.

Edit: Gah, that stuff really is trashy. Maybe i'll just have to walk back and rebuild the Kecha Wecha lance-line. That shouldn't take long.