By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter 4 Thread: Hunting Season Is Now Open. Online Meets Avaliable!

Okay so apparently you can upgrade every armor set to high rank armor, but my question is how are you supposed to know which armor set fits your attack style?  They all seem the same except for miniscule differences that don't seem they matter alot.

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Okay so apparently you can upgrade every armor set to high rank armor, but my question is how are you supposed to know which armor set fits your attack style?  They all seem the same except for miniscule differences that don't seem they matter alot.

What skills do you want? Skills are hugely important.

If you're a lancer, like me, you want more effective defense. I started with Tetsucabra armor that gives Defense Up (M) and HP+20, i moved to Barroth armor (Guard +) and Ingot Armor (Guard Up). The former stops splash damage when blocking, the latter makes unblockable attacks into blockable attacks. When the two skills are combined, it changes the lancing game substantively.

What do you main?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

If you're a lancer, like me, you want more effective defense. I started with Tetsucabra armor that gives Defense Up (M) and HP+20, i moved to Barroth armor (Guard +) and Ingot Armor (Guard Up). The former stops splash damage when blocking, the latter makes unblockable attacks into blockable attacks. When the two skills are combined, it changes the lancing game substantively.

What do you main?

I main dual blades and use the great sword from time to time, but not that often.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Mr Khan said:

What do you main?

I main dual blades and use the great sword from time to time, but not that often.

http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/armor/skill

This lists all of the skills and what they do, and then links to a list of armors at all three levels that have those skills.

Mr Khan said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Mr Khan said:

What do you main?

This lists all of the skills and what they do, and then links to a list of armors at all three levels that have those skills.

Just when I thought I knew the game, now I beat the game and feel like I know nothing.

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Mr Khan said:

Just when I thought I knew the game, now I beat the game and feel like I know nothing.

Skills define this game, as much as the weapons. That's why people grind certain monsters well beyond the point where the game is still fun for them, because damnit, they need a Zinogre Jasper and they are going to get it!

Dick cock fucking 7-star monsters. Every single one kicked the ass of every group i was in all night. This isn't fun, this is just cruel.

Fucking bastard ass dickshits.

Edit: okay, had a better time tonight. Got Akantor and Kushala Daora. Now i just need Teostra, which is easier, i can probably target a group that's mining him.

Let's just edit this one out entirely...