By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter 4 Thread: Hunting Season Is Now Open. Online Meets Avaliable!

I am so jealous that you guys have it
ehh I stll got to beat mh3 wii u

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Damn, i barely got through the two tutorial quests last night (though i had to rush out, tv show to watch).

I do like that they give you one of all of the basic weapons to start with.

Yes indeed, didn't they do the same in MH3U also? It was nice to be able to mix it up and choose your favourite early on.

Also if anyone has any advice for the OP I'm all ears.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

If anyone needs help getting through the beginning of the game or just wants to blow through it quickly let me know.  Haven't played online yet and I wanna give it a try.

Out of all the MH games, this one feels the most accessible to newer players. The new climbing combat is fun to play with (and much more fun than the water combat imo) and the addition of more stuff to do single player is great as well. The 2 new weapons are fun to use and, little personal but whatever, I like the new cooking music. :3

KingdomHeartsFan said:

If anyone needs help getting through the beginning of the game or just wants to blow through it quickly let me know.  Haven't played online yet and I wanna give it a try.

That sounds like a good idea. I'll get back to ya on that one

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

I tried playing online earlier and it was weird.  Are there seperate online and single player quests?  Cause I couldn't find a way to do the story quests co-op but there was other online quests that I could do.

Friend Code: 0301 9780 5232 "Mr Khan"

Hunter name: Ankita.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Conegamer said:

I tried playing online earlier and it was weird.  Are there seperate online and single player quests?  Cause I couldn't find a way to do the story quests co-op but there was other online quests that I could do.

Yeah, the co-op missions are different, hence the existence of the hunter rank.  The missions are designed for multiplayer and is separate from the single player campaign, similar to 3 Ultimate.

I played the demo and I was surprised how easy it was to control with only the one analog stick...I actually really want this now

PixelPerfect said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Yeah, the co-op missions are different, hence the existence of the hunter rank.  The missions are designed for multiplayer and is separate from the single player campaign, similar to 3 Ultimate.

So I gotta face the Basarios alone :(