By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter 4 Thread: Hunting Season Is Now Open. Online Meets Avaliable!

How about Asian with NA 3DS or Asian in general? I will buy this game soon, oh and what is the minimum "playable" internet speed for guys with not so fast internet? and the only online I tried with my 3DS was with Dark Moon and I think it was decent even with sharing internet with family members. My speed is 3Mbps.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network

My copy comes in on Monday, since I decided to get the Collector's Edition.

*rolls around while everyone enjoys it x.x

My friend code is 5412-9952-3828 (North America). Not sure how often I'll be on...I'll just keep an eye on this thread for when I start playing online.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Just beat Great Jaggi; it was a little disappointing that he was lifted intact from MH3, with no new behaviours.

I am really liking the charge blade and bug staff though, as well as your character's great agility when climbing or vaulting obstacles.

Sunstrider said:
How about Asian with NA 3DS or Asian in general? I will buy this game soon, oh and what is the minimum "playable" internet speed for guys with not so fast internet? and the only online I tried with my 3DS was with Dark Moon and I think it was decent even with sharing internet with family members. My speed is 3Mbps.

3Mbps should be fine. Though that's probably on the lower limit of what's OK (I've used 4Mbps with few issues before so I foresee no problems) 

Also I liked the Great Jaggi being the same, allowing you to ease into the controls via familiar territory.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:

Also I liked the Great Jaggi being the same, allowing you to ease into the controls via familiar territory.

That actually makes sense I guess. 

I certainly feel more encouraged after beating the first new boss, Seltas. ;)

I'll wait until I have some half decent gear before I try online though. I don't wanna be "that guy" who double/triple carts and loses the hunt...

Around the Network

I'll buy MH4 tomorrow, I'm new to the franchise.
If anyone wishes to add me, just tell me and I'll add him back.

FC: 2981-6621-3572
Region: Europe

Also I have a question, in mh, is it possible to stick with one weapon type for the whole game? Is it recomended?

Nkh3 said:
Also I have a question, in mh, is it possible to stick with one weapon type for the whole game? Is it recomended?

You can main one weapon class if you like, but you'll probably want multiple weapons within that class to combat enemies with different elemental weaknesses. 

Guess I should post hear seeing as I was suppoesed to make this thread and was just too lazy =P
Only early days for me as I had work the day it come out and family over all day today -_-
Guess I can put some serious hours in tonight though =D

ktay95 said:

Guess I should post hear seeing as I was suppoesed to make this thread and was just too lazy =P
Only early days for me as I had work the day it come out and family over all day today -_-

You were supposed to make this thread? I...I didn't even know

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
ktay95 said:

You were supposed to make this thread? I...I didn't even know

... ah yeah, I had you lock my old one and said I might make a new one for when the game comes out but I was too lazy to even bother with it =P