By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter 4 Thread: Hunting Season Is Now Open. Online Meets Avaliable!

Conegamer said:
So when would you guys like to hunt together? I'm gonna be a little longer than I first thought but I'll try and make it. If we get the ball rolling, hopefully we could make it a weekly thing.

With that said, OP update coming tomorrow.

Say I'm in HR2 but I join a host that's in HR4, can I do the HR4 quests?  Tbh I've been paying way more attention to the single player quests than the online ones.

Around the Network

Okay, seriously, what the f*ck is up with Sunken Hollow? I swear monsters on that map can teleport into an alternate dimension and just disappear off the map for like 5 mins at a time. I did Gypceros a second time last night, and I ran two laps around the entire map checking every area before the bastard showed up. Same deal when a monster flies or uses a tunnel to leave an area, *poof*, vanished. Really annoying.

Mr Khan said:

I'm playing along until i find a good armor set to build skills-wise. I've just been building ad-hoc on the basic set to just boost my Def, and that's starting to show cracks. I want to get at least through the 4-star urgent and have a solid armor set before i venture online.

Full Tetsucabra is pretty good; boosts health and defence, making it good for absorbing punishment. Only real drawback is gathering down, so don't take it on harvest tours. ;)

curl-6 said:

Okay, seriously, what the f*ck is up with Sunken Hollow? I swear monsters on that map can teleport into an alternate dimension and just disappear off the map for like 5 mins at a time. I did Gypceros a second time last night, and I ran two laps around the entire map checking every area before the bastard showed up. Same deal when a monster flies or uses a tunnel to leave an area, *poof*, vanished. Really annoying.

Mr Khan said:

I'm playing along until i find a good armor set to build skills-wise. I've just been building ad-hoc on the basic set to just boost my Def, and that's starting to show cracks. I want to get at least through the 4-star urgent and have a solid armor set before i venture online.

Full Tetsucabra is pretty good; boosts health and defence, making it good for absorbing punishment. Only real drawback is gathering down, so don't take it on harvest tours. ;)

First point: Paintballs?

Second point: Thanks. Health and def help with my tank-y playstyle with the Lance, although the god-skill for lancers is the skill that lets you block everything.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

curl-6 said:

But yeah shit can move half way across the map through 1 tunnel. Even better when as soon as you get their they wake up and run off -_-

Cone: Im up to play online anytime, Ive already speant over 40 hours so likely one of the higher ranks here. Time to go play another 20 hours this weekend

ktay95 said:
curl-6 said:

But yeah shit can move half way across the map through 1 tunnel. Even better when as soon as you get their they wake up and run off -_-

I paintball them when I can find them, but just finding them first can take upwards of 5 minutes...

Around the Network

Finally got my Cleaving Jaws, omg they are so sick.

Man, I'm starting to feel really under levelled at this point. Guess I've got some grinding to do over the weekend.

ktay95 said:

Cone: Im up to play online anytime, Ive already speant over 40 hours so likely one of the higher ranks here. Time to go play another 20 hours this weekend

That is real commitment. I like that. I'd imagine the weekend would be the best time for people, so even if we don't do it this weekend how does Saturday sound? Timings will obviously be tough because timezones. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
ktay95 said:

That is real commitment. I like that. I'd imagine the weekend would be the best time for people, so even if we don't do it this weekend how does Saturday sound? Timings will obviously be tough because timezones. 

Weekends for me are great, their is no timezone =P

If you want me awake at 3am its likely I would be sitting up playing MonHun anyway =D

Conegamer said:
ktay95 said:

It's almost Sunday here already... :P

I am up for this weekend though, but time zones make it a bit tricky. I'll likely be available 12-23 hours from now.