By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter 4 Thread: Hunting Season Is Now Open. Online Meets Avaliable!

KingdomHeartsFan said:

I was wondering, if I bought Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for my Wii U would it feel like a huge step back after playing MH4U?  I kinda want to try playing the series on the big screen.  Also I know MH4U is the first MH game with a real story mode but is there any kind of story in MH3U?

The story in MH3 is pretty much you go to a fishing village and you hunt monsters.  Not really anything too interesting.  Also I feel that MH4's climbing an aerial combat is MUCH better than MH3s water combat, and there are quite a few of monsters that fight underwater plus, you don't get the two weapons new to Monster Hunter, the charge blade and the insect glaive.  It's not a huge step back but still a step back.  It is nice to get to play on a larger screen though.

Around the Network

Just beat Nerscylla; very fun fight, probably my fav new monster so far. (Really enjoyed Kecha Wacha too)

KingdomHeartsFan said:

I was wondering, if I bought Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for my Wii U would it feel like a huge step back after playing MH4U?  I kinda want to try playing the series on the big screen.  Also I know MH4U is the first MH game with a real story mode but is there any kind of story in MH3U?

There are slightly less weapon classes, and less of a story, but I'd argue 3 actually has slightly more memorable monsters and environments. If you enjoyed 4, I doubt you'll be disappointed in 3.

PixelPerfect said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

The story in MH3 is pretty much you go to a fishing village and you hunt monsters.  Not really anything too interesting.  Also I feel that MH4's climbing an aerial combat is MUCH better than MH3s water combat, and there are quite a few of monsters that fight underwater plus, you don't get the two weapons new to Monster Hunter, the charge blade and the insect glaive.  It's not a huge step back but still a step back.  It is nice to get to play on a larger screen though.

Tbh this was my first MH so its kinda like I got 14 new weapons lol.  I heard the controls for the underwater sections are pretty bad that's keeping me a little hesitant.  

Wow, it took 16 hours into the game for me to learn that the charge blade can put the phials into the shield to deal extra damage in axe mode. I guess you learn something new everyday.

I just had my first death in single player and it was a freaking Congalala...I hate that stupid gorilla.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:
PixelPerfect said:

Tbh this was my first MH so its kinda like I got 14 new weapons lol.  I heard the controls for the underwater sections are pretty bad that's keeping me a little hesitant.  

I found the underwater controls surprisingly decent, never had any problems.

osed125 said:

I just had my first death in single player and it was a freaking Congalala...I hate that stupid gorilla.

He gave me my one and only death too!  I couldn't drink my potion and I didn't know what was going on, by the time I realized I had to use my deodorant it was too late.

curl-6 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

I found the underwater controls surprisingly decent, never had any problems.

I think I'll pick it up after I beat MH4U, its only $20 on amazon so even if I'm disapointed its not like I wasted a lot of money.

Just killed the tigrex god he was tough as balls lol

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Just hit HR4 online Wooo!!!
Time to farm some better equipment