By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The one video game character you can't stand?

rosalina .. and I don't like that they include her in every game.

Around the Network

Ultros. Don't tease the octopus kids! He is like the Jar Jar Binks of the FF universe.

And how can you hate on Toad? He flips off Mario and tells him to get out of his castle!

RavenXtra said:
Angelus said:

Well there's several, but none come in even remotely close to the following

I dunno.. she's irritating but at least she's cute. This guy however...

probably not my most hated one, but he's certainly much much worse than Vanille.

Flynn from Uncharted 2
Joker from ME

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Link from Legend of Zelda.

Around the Network

There are several, actually. Let's see...

-Johnny Sasaki from the Metal Gear Solid series. He is one of the biggest stains on MGS4 for me.

-Ashley from Resident Evil 4. There is really nothing I can say that hasn't been said multiple times.

-Dante from the Devil May Cry series. A cardboard cutout of a cliché "cool" protagonist,  annoying, bland and one-dimensional.

-The whole cast of characters in Bayonetta (the original game), with emphasis on Bayonetta. Saturday morning cartoon personalities with saturday morning cartoon depth. Bayonetta herself was even more one-dimensional than Dante, something I thought couldn't be done.

-Ayumi Shinozaki from the Corpse Party series. She's an absolute cretin who throws her friends and herself in danger for no real reason other than the continuation of the plot and her stupid curiosity.

-Kratos from God of War. He became an utterly despicable and monstrous person after having somewhat understandable motivations in the original game. (SPOILER-SPOILER) The worst thing is the developers thought it would be a great idea to make him a martyr at the end of the story instead of committing to the "I became a monster" storyline. Cowards.

Sticks from Sonic Boom

Kratos

Ashley screaming "Leoooooon!" or Sheva wasting my green herbs.

Kratos. In the first game he almost had a personality, but than it became all hate.

He is not a cool badass (like maybe Dante, or even Kenpachi from Bleach), he is just an ass.