By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When Do you think will beat WiiU the Vita?

When do you thinks will beat the WiiU the Vita?

Few Month after Mario Par... 36 17.22%

In a Half Year 43 20.57%

In 2-3 Month 20 9.57%

After Spring 11 5.26%

In the Middle of the Summer 25 11.96%

After the Summer 74 35.41%

Total:209
MikeRox said:

I don't know the ins and outs, however I understand the Vita is capable of running software at 720p native even though the handheld's display is 544p. However I'd presume the native resolution of most games is 544p. Sorry I wasn't trying to say the games were running in 720p though, I meant the end output is 720p or 1080i (much like how many 360/PS3 games didn't run in 720p) which means it isn't left to your TV's scaler.

That said, I hooked it up to my Asus 22" PC monitor last night, and every thing looks absolutely attrocious. I hope nothing comes of my Panasonic plasmas before there are some decent new TVs out there :(

I would presume all Vita games are running around 480p - 544p. Unless there are some exceptions that were designed with PS TV in mind and can take advantage of 720p. Many Vita games struggle to achieve 544p so doing 720p would be limited to low demanding games.

Anyhow, if a crisp high resolution picture is a priority then I wouldn't recommeond a Vita or PS TV.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
MikeRox said:

You know PSN has Symphony of the Night and Dracula X Chronicles right which are better than the Nintendo CastleVanias? If you're going to use that argument. Also freebies are not counted in "sales".

As I said earlier, you're clearly ignorant to the software available on PS Vita.

Why would a dev be happy about free downloads btw? Your arguments make no sense whatsoever, though it is fun seeing you constantly use your own arguments against yourself in various claims and comments.

Nobody is going to buy games that they give away for free.

Guacamelee is available on just about every platform. 

But anyway, those 10 games per console are probably mostly small and cheap games. Steam has a better and cheaper library than Vita. I think it's safe to say there's not a single multi-million franchise available on the Vita.

I'm not ignorant of software on Vita. When I look at metacritic highscores I see mostly ports/remakes and barely any exclusives. Most people don't buy handhelds to play (old) console games.

And this sums up why I said your arguments go around in circles and argue against themselves. Steam also has a better and cheaper library than the Wii U. I don't see what your point is here?

People don't buy handhelds to play (old) console games you say, but I also think you're the only Wii U owner who bought it to play NES and GBA games??? Again, you levy it as a negative against Vita, but a positive against Wii U.

Thanks for the entertainment anyway. However, I will refute, you are highly ignorant of the content available on Vita. Your posts clearly show that.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

zippy said:
I dont care any more, as a Wii U fan, myself and many others have had to endure a lot of ridicule and negativity over sales, the same goes for Vita fans too. Now i just focus on the great games and experiences ive had/will have with the system, i love it and that's all that matters. Wii U and Vita fans enjoy your systems, because its pointless bickering and comparing sales over two underperforming devices.

arent you being a bit melodramatic? Before the Wii U hit people swore it would pass it in a year. Here we are and WIi U hasnt hit 10 mil yet. IMHO i think people just hated being wrong and threads like these are a constant reminder. I say bring them on.

MikeRox said:
Samus Aran said:

Nobody is going to buy games that they give away for free.

Guacamelee is available on just about every platform. 

But anyway, those 10 games per console are probably mostly small and cheap games. Steam has a better and cheaper library than Vita. I think it's safe to say there's not a single multi-million franchise available on the Vita.

I'm not ignorant of software on Vita. When I look at metacritic highscores I see mostly ports/remakes and barely any exclusives. Most people don't buy handhelds to play (old) console games.

And this sums up why I said your arguments go around in circles and argue against themselves. Steam also has a better and cheaper library than the Wii U. I don't see what your point is here?

People don't buy handhelds to play (old) console games you say, but I also think you're the only Wii U owner who bought it to play NES and GBA games??? Again, you levy it as a negative against Vita, but a positive against Wii U.

Thanks for the entertainment anyway. However, I will refute, you are highly ignorant of the content available on Vita. Your posts clearly show that.

Wii U has exclusive games that are only found there, Vita doesn't (or barely). Hence only four Vita games have sold more than a million after 4 years on the market. 3 of which are only on Vita. So handheld gamers are mostly looking for exclusive experiences (outside of Japan).

When did I say I bought my Wii U to play NES and GBA games lol? I own one GBA game and 0 NES games.

Wii U VC games I own:

Metroid Fusion

A Link to the Past

Metroid Prime Trilogy.

They're just a nice extra, that's all.

My retail collection: Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Super Mario 3D World, DKC: TF, Mario Kart 8, Rayman Legends, Batman: Arkham City, Bayonetta 2.

6 exclusives and 2 multiplatform games.

"after 4 years on the market"? Outside of Japan, the Vita hasn't even reached its third birthday.

Around the Network

I think that by the after Mario Maker comes out the Wii U will have beat the VGChartz Vita numbers.

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.

Conina said:
"after 4 years on the market"? Outside of Japan, the Vita hasn't even reached its third birthday.

It's not going to get a million seller this year, so I might as well count it already.

Samus Aran said:
Conina said:

It's not going to get a million seller this year, so I might as well count it already.

If they aren't already million sellers, the Vita is going to add several others this year. However, Vita software sales come from a broad range of varied games from a multitude of developers, while Wii U million sellers come from Nintendo's 5 or so games a year.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
Samus Aran said:

If they aren't already million sellers, the Vita is going to add several others this year. However, Vita software sales come from a broad range of varied games from a multitude of developers, while Wii U million sellers come from Nintendo...

What games do you think will sell over a million copies? I don't see anything on the horizon.

Bolded: yeah, that's a good thing.

1 /1 = 1 (Wii U)

1/100 = 0.01 (Vita)

"Broad range of varied games" ... [That you can get on about any platform]

Samus Aran said:
Kerotan said:

So despite all that the Wii U is currently selling the same as vita.  And it's over 1 million behind.  I wouldn't be surprised if the vita extends the gap over the next few weeks. Then it has the china launch. Wii u is also dead in the West and Japan so I don't see why you only apply that to the vita. 

The Wii U has been consistently outselling the Vita for a while now lol. And the gap is only 800k.

Wii U released a year later and already has more than double the amount of million sellers (it's still doing pretty bad in this regard, but not half as bad as the Vita). It's cleaqrly more alive than the Vita.

And this year Zelda Wii U, Mario Party 10, Yoshi's Woolly World and XBX are potential/guaranteed million sellers. Vita has probably seen its last million seller already. So those third party games for the Vita on the comg list aren't worth much if you ask me. ;)

Clearly nothing because you are using an unreliable source for your information.  The gap is a lot bigger than 800k and it's currently selling a fraction more weekly if we use the right numbers.  The Wii U right to this very day is still being outsold by the ps3. That fact should make it clear that beating the vita will not be an easy task.