By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When Do you think will beat WiiU the Vita?

When do you thinks will beat the WiiU the Vita?

Few Month after Mario Par... 36 17.22%

In a Half Year 43 20.57%

In 2-3 Month 20 9.57%

After Spring 11 5.26%

In the Middle of the Summer 25 11.96%

After the Summer 74 35.41%

Total:209
Kerotan said:
Samus Aran said:

The Wii U has been consistently outselling the Vita for a while now lol. And the gap is only 800k.

Wii U released a year later and already has more than double the amount of million sellers (it's still doing pretty bad in this regard, but not half as bad as the Vita). It's cleaqrly more alive than the Vita.

And this year Zelda Wii U, Mario Party 10, Yoshi's Woolly World and XBX are potential/guaranteed million sellers. Vita has probably seen its last million seller already. So those third party games for the Vita on the comg list aren't worth much if you ask me. ;)

Clearly nothing because you are using an unreliable source for your information.  The gap is a lot bigger than 800k and it's currently selling a fraction more weekly if we use the right numbers.  The Wii U right to this very day is still being outsold by the ps3. That fact should make it clear that beating the vita will not be an easy task.

Yeah, you're sources are so great. In fact, non-existant!

Oh and the PS3 is also beating the Vita. Even harder. ;)

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
MikeRox said:

And this sums up why I said your arguments go around in circles and argue against themselves. Steam also has a better and cheaper library than the Wii U. I don't see what your point is here?

People don't buy handhelds to play (old) console games you say, but I also think you're the only Wii U owner who bought it to play NES and GBA games??? Again, you levy it as a negative against Vita, but a positive against Wii U.

Thanks for the entertainment anyway. However, I will refute, you are highly ignorant of the content available on Vita. Your posts clearly show that.

Wii U has exclusive games that are only found there, Vita doesn't (or barely). Hence only four Vita games have sold more than a million after 4 years on the market. 3 of which are only on Vita. So handheld gamers are mostly looking for exclusive experiences (outside of Japan).

When did I say I bought my Wii U to play NES and GBA games lol? I own one GBA game and 0 NES games.

Wii U VC games I own:

Metroid Fusion

A Link to the Past

Metroid Prime Trilogy.

They're just a nice extra, that's all.

My retail collection: Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Super Mario 3D World, DKC: TF, Mario Kart 8, Rayman Legends, Batman: Arkham City, Bayonetta 2.

6 exclusives and 2 multiplatform games.

8 Wii U games??? Christ, you have less than me! No wonder you're arguing that the Wii U lineup is so strong. I can't believe you think Vita has no gaemz if all you need is 3 exclusive retail titles per year on the market. Here are the highlights of Vita's exclusive software from 2012 alone...

Persona 4: Golden (Remake, but so is WW HD)
Gravity Rush
Wipeout 2048
Littlebigplanet Vita
Unit 13
Everybody's Golf
Uncharted
Super Stardust Delta
Lumines Electronic Symphony
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Touch my Katamari
DJ MAX Technika Tune
New Little Kings Story (another remake, but again, better than the original)
Sunflowers
Ragnarok Odyssey
Frobisher Says

Then you've also got the likes of Dokuro (never reviewed on Metacritic along with a load of other 2012 releases) which is why you can't use that site to decide what games are good/bad, quite simply, Vita games don't get coverage for the most part, this is why you are so ignorant to the system's lineup. Again, that's just from 2012. 2013 had a few others, but 2014 was Vita's best year IMO and 2015 isn't looking bad either. There's a reason I almost have 200 Vita games despite also owning a Wii U, 3DS, PS4 and PC.

Btw, you do know that the Vita version of Rayman Legends has more content than the Wii U version right? :P Thought not...

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
Samus Aran said:

Wii U has exclusive games that are only found there, Vita doesn't (or barely). Hence only four Vita games have sold more than a million after 4 years on the market. 3 of which are only on Vita. So handheld gamers are mostly looking for exclusive experiences (outside of Japan).

When did I say I bought my Wii U to play NES and GBA games lol? I own one GBA game and 0 NES games.

Wii U VC games I own:

Metroid Fusion

A Link to the Past

Metroid Prime Trilogy.

They're just a nice extra, that's all.

My retail collection: Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Super Mario 3D World, DKC: TF, Mario Kart 8, Rayman Legends, Batman: Arkham City, Bayonetta 2.

6 exclusives and 2 multiplatform games.

8 Wii U games??? Christ, you have less than me! No wonder you're arguing that the Wii U lineup is so strong. I can't believe you think Vita has no gaemz if all you need is 3 exclusive retail titles per year on the market. Here are the highlights of Vita's exclusive software from 2012 alone...

Gravity Rush
Wipeout 2048
Littlebigplanet Vita
Unit 13
Everybody's Golf
Uncharted
Super Stardust Delta
Touch my Katamari
DJ MAX Technika Tune
Sunflowers
Ragnarok Odyssey
Frobisher Says

Then you've also got Dokuro (never reviewed on Metacritic) a long with a load of other 2012 releases which is why you can't use that site to decide what games are good/bad, quite simply, Vita games don't get coverage for the most part, this is why you are so ignorant to the system's lineup.

Btw, you do know that the Vita version of Rayman Legends has more content than the Wii U version right? :P Thought not...

Sorry for having high standards in gaming. Just because something is exclusive doesn't mean I'm going to buy it (Smash for example).

I bought my Wii U in 2014, so I bought 8 Wii U games that year alongside 2 3DS games. Sorry for having a life outside gaming... 10 games in a year (plus 4 VC games) is more than enough for me.

And why would I want more content for Rayman Legends? I hate that game, my least favorite game on the Wii U. Average platformer if you ask me.

Samus Aran said:
MikeRox said:

Gravity Rush
Wipeout 2048
Littlebigplanet Vita
Unit 13
Everybody's Golf
Uncharted
Super Stardust Delta
Touch my Katamari
DJ MAX Technika Tune
Sunflowers
Ragnarok Odyssey
Frobisher Says

Then you've also got Dokuro (never reviewed on Metacritic) a long with a load of other 2012 releases which is why you can't use that site to decide what games are good/bad, quite simply, Vita games don't get coverage for the most part, this is why you are so ignorant to the system's lineup.

Sorry for having high standards in gaming. Just because something is exclusive doesn't mean I'm going to buy it (Smash for example).

I bought my Wii U in 2014, so I bought 8 Wii U games that year alongside 2 3DS games. Sorry for having a life outside gaming... 10 games in a year (plus 4 VC games) is more than enough for me.

And why would I want more content for Rayman Legends? I hate that game, my least favorite game on the Wii U. Average platformer if you ask me.

Again, your argument disproves yourself... whilst spending all this time on a gaming forum. I'm so glad my excuse for this is I'm ill and so haven't been able to focus on anything of significance.

If you have a life outside of gaming, so only need a handful of games, why do you look so carefully at the software coming out on a format you don't own? Exactly, you are ignorant. Thanks for confirming that. :)

You're hilarious! Thanks for the (sick) entertainment :)

Isn't Samus Aran kind of a hardcore gaming username for a casual gamer?

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

I'm a gamer, I don't need to describe myself as casual or hardcore to feel better about myself. I don't feel I'm better than someone who only games casually or on smartphones. I named myself after my favorite video game character, is that a problem for you? 

Sorry, just needed to adress that part of his post that he edited in later (he :li;kes .

Anyway back on topic: I hope there are some good surprises at E3 for the Wii U. Let's hope Zelda proves to be a system selller! A new ip from Retro would also be cool!

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Kerotan said:

Clearly nothing because you are using an unreliable source for your information.  The gap is a lot bigger than 800k and it's currently selling a fraction more weekly if we use the right numbers.  The Wii U right to this very day is still being outsold by the ps3. That fact should make it clear that beating the vita will not be an easy task.

My sources are npd and quarterly shipments.  All evidence suggests a much bigger gap than you think. Add to that the Wii U is neck and neck with the vita, China launch and the probability the vita will remain on the market for longer because there is very little treat of a successor. Unlike the Wii U which will probably get one in 2016. 

Kerotan said:
Samus Aran said:

My sources are npd and quarterly shipments.  All evidence suggests a much bigger gap than you think. Add to that the Wii U is neck and neck with the vita, China launch and the probability the vita will remain on the market for longer because there is very little treat of a successor. Unlike the Wii U which will probably get one in 2016. 

Ndp didn't release 3DS or Vita numbers. Some sources you got there... So you've got no evidence at all.

Your whole post is unfounded. You just want it to be true, doesn't make it so. New console in 2016? Maybe a handheld that will steal even more sales from the Vita. Because it will have lost its only advantage then: more powerful hardware. Be careful what you wish for. ;)

China is a pc country, what makes you think they give a damn about the Vita? Piracy is rife there anyway. Good luck making money.

Yea, great to see everyone getting along...

@OP
So iam going to say what i thought before reading (for some reason) 10 pages of this thread, and was only reforced by doing so.

I have no f****** idea, and i am not sure anyone does now. The consoles are kind of tied and anything could change the outcome (the right price cut, the right game). Let's see how God Eater 2 affect Japan, but isn't it just an enhanced version of the original game? And also on PS4?

Anyway, i expect Wii U to pass VITA, on VGC, this year.

Samus Aran said:
Kerotan said:

Ndp didn't release 3DS or Vita numbers. Some sources you got there... So you've got no evidence at all.

Your whole post is unfounded. You just want it to be true, doesn't make it so. New console in 2016? Maybe a handheld that will steal even more sales from the Vita. Because it will have lost its only advantage then: more powerful hardware. Be careful what you wish for. ;)

China is a pc country, what makes you think they give a damn about the Vita? Piracy is rife there anyway. Good luck making money.

My evidence is from a reliable and proven Leaker.  China pre-orders suggest they care and in such a short and tight race it makes a big difference. Vita will be leading first week of 2016. Mark my words. 

Kerotan said:

My evidence is from a reliable and proven Leaker.  China pre-orders suggest they care and in such a short and tight race it makes a big difference. Vita will be leading first week of 2016. Mark my words. 

The leaker didn't give numbers either. And a leak isn't a source. The leaker has supposed access to a source (which may or may not be true), but you don't have access to that source.

Like I said, you have no sources.

Anyway, if Vita is still alive, then why is Sony not supporting it? In 15 years from now, what are the great Vita games that will be remembered?

Shouldn't you be mad at Sony for not supporting the Vita?