By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When Do you think will beat WiiU the Vita?

When do you thinks will beat the WiiU the Vita?

Few Month after Mario Par... 36 17.22%

In a Half Year 43 20.57%

In 2-3 Month 20 9.57%

After Spring 11 5.26%

In the Middle of the Summer 25 11.96%

After the Summer 74 35.41%

Total:209
Kerotan said:
Samus Aran said:

Sure, I'm imagining games like Monster Hunter, Youkai Watch, Bravely Default/Bravely Second, Persona Q, Puzzle & Dragons SME, Shovel Knight, Fantasy Life, Professor Layton. ;)

all in the past my friend. none of that is going to help the wii u beat the vita either. 

comg has way more ps4 titles than there are 3ds even. same with psv and ps3. 3ds 3rd party support is looking bleak. 

Puzzle & Dragons SME will sold more then any psv games this year.

We know vita is getting more games then 3DS but most of those games are late port or niche games

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Kerotan said:

all in the past my friend. none of that is going to help the wii u beat the vita either. 

comg has way more ps4 titles than there are 3ds even. same with psv and ps3. 3ds 3rd party support is looking bleak. 

What on earth are you talking about?

I'm talking about there being good third party games on the 3DS yet I still prefer the Wii U which has little to no third paqrty support. Wii U will outsell Vita because Nintendo supports it. Vita is dead in the West and doesn't get decent first or third party support. It has some inferior ports and Japanese niche games, but that's about it.

So despite all that the Wii U is currently selling the same as vita.  And it's over 1 million behind.  I wouldn't be surprised if the vita extends the gap over the next few weeks. Then it has the china launch. Wii u is also dead in the West and Japan so I don't see why you only apply that to the vita. 

Kerotan said:

So despite all that the Wii U is currently selling the same as vita.  And it's over 1 million behind.  I wouldn't be surprised if the vita extends the gap over the next few weeks. Then it has the china launch. Wii u is also dead in the West and Japan so I don't see why you only apply that to the vita. 

The Wii U has been consistently outselling the Vita for a while now lol. And the gap is only 800k.

Wii U released a year later and already has more than double the amount of million sellers (it's still doing pretty bad in this regard, but not half as bad as the Vita). It's cleaqrly more alive than the Vita.

And this year Zelda Wii U, Mario Party 10, Yoshi's Woolly World and XBX are potential/guaranteed million sellers. Vita has probably seen its last million seller already. So those third party games for the Vita on the comg list aren't worth much if you ask me. ;)

Samus Aran said:

The Wii U has been consistently outselling the Vita for a while now lol. And the gap is only 800k.

Wii U released a year later and already has more than double the amount of million sellers (it's still doing pretty bad in this regard, but not half as bad as the Vita). It's cleaqrly more alive than the Vita.

And this year Zelda Wii U, Mario Party 10, Yoshi's Woolly World and XBX are potential/guaranteed million sellers. Vita has probably seen its last million seller already. So those third party games for the Vita on the comg list aren't worth much if you ask me. ;)

Can you provide accurate sales data for Vita and it's software please? Nobody seems to be able to find any.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
Samus Aran said:

Can you provide accurate sales data for Vita and it's software please? Nobody seems to be able to find any.

That's already quite telling by itself, don't you think? I'm using vgchartz.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
MikeRox said:

Which is why you're figures are very very wrong ;) VG Chartz don't really have any tracking in some of Vita's biggest territories, and half the system's software sales are digital. Which gives you very wrong results. However, even when we get NPD figures for Vita, they show that VGChartz has undertracked by quite a margin, though we don't often get to know these beyond the main home consoles. We don't have 3DS sales for January, all we have is a leak that states that Vita sold 39% of what the 3DS sold.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Where's the never option on this poll ?

MikeRox said:
Samus Aran said:

Which is why you're figures are very very wrong ;) VG Chartz don't really have any tracking in some of Vita's biggest territories, and half the system's software sales are digital. Which gives you very wrong results. However, even when we get NPD figures for Vita, they show that VGChartz has undertracked by quite a margin, though we don't often get to know these beyond the main home consoles. We don't have 3DS sales for January, all we have is a leak that states that Vita sold 39% of what the 3DS sold.

I don't buy all that. Sony is keeping quiet on the Vita front for a reason. This will most likely be their last handheld, so I'm not even sure why people keep talking about the Vita.

And unless you have good sources for digital sales for both Wii U and Vita I'm not going to comment on it. And besides, adding the half of almost nothing is still not very much.

A cripple beating another? Soon,

MikeRox said:

Oh it's not ever going to be a system seller, but there is more than just niche Japanese games.

PS Vita is actually capable of running games in 720p. The PS TV outputs at 720p or 1080i (480p for PS1 games) There's no stretching as the aspect ratio is kept the same. The 2D stuff like Muramasa looks outstanding on it and a noticable step up from the Wii version.

Even if the TV output says 720p or 1080i the native resolution of Vita games are generally around 480p and 544p.

Assuming Muramasa is running at 544p it should look noticeably more crisp than the Wii version. 544p is 34% more pixels than 480p.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)