By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RUMOR: Disney may be acquiring Sony?

cfin2987@gmail.com said:
nanarchy said:

So really we agree then ? Regardless of debt, Disney would need to shell out to purchase all of their assets. The only way Sony will ever sell is if their creditors purchase pas of them, or the company is splintered into parts. Disney purchasing nintendo would make sense. Not Sony. Sony make some fantastic products. But none of them sell that well. My Bravia 50R550 is magnificent but Sony dont receive good reviews (corrupt reviewers really) so they don't sell. Similar store with Xperia tab and phone. Great but sell terribly. Good image too, but bad pro reviews. It's complicated.

no, Disney would need to just pay share price plus a marginal premium and take on the debt. Asset price doesn't enter into a buyout, apart from being used as a bargaining chip to try and talk up the share price. Regardless it is a moot point as this is a silly rumour.

Around the Network
TreeTurtle said:
For PlayStation, PLEASE NO.

For everything else that is used by Sony, sure.

I would think it would be one in the same. Which, imo... would be the end of days lol.

Johnw1104 said:
Ruler said:
Ehm no, disney makes less money than sony

Disney is worth far more than Sony actually.

For instance, Sony's ENT value (a theoretical value for how much it would cost to purchase a company with all assets and debts considered) currently sits at about $30 billion. By comparison, Disney's value is currently about $188 billion.

That said, Disney would have no interest acquiring sony itself with its debts and struggling manufacturing segments (which are a huge chunk of the greater conglomerate).

They might have interest in Sony Pictures/SOE/Playstation etc, but that'd be about it.

-sony makes 64 billion $ revenue, disney only 58 billion

-sony has 120 billion $ assets disney only 80 billion

-sony has only 6 billion debt

-Disneys value is overblown by FEDs qutative easing, it will go down and their 188 Billion $

bubble will burst if no will use the dollar soon or if the fed stops this programm

-sony is japanese company its not allowed to be bought by americans

Ruler said:
Johnw1104 said:

Disney is worth far more than Sony actually.

For instance, Sony's ENT value (a theoretical value for how much it would cost to purchase a company with all assets and debts considered) currently sits at about $30 billion. By comparison, Disney's value is currently about $188 billion.

That said, Disney would have no interest acquiring sony itself with its debts and struggling manufacturing segments (which are a huge chunk of the greater conglomerate).

They might have interest in Sony Pictures/SOE/Playstation etc, but that'd be about it.

http://www.iflr.com/Article/2026998/How-to-buy-a-Japanese-company.html

Well,  there are options to do so. I don't know why people on forums always insist that this "rule" exists...

walsufnir said:
Ruler said:

Well,  there are options to do so. I don't know why people on forums always insist that this "rule" exists...

Then name a big company who was bought by foreingers in japan? there are plenty of japanese companys owning other companys abroud but not the other way around

Around the Network
Ruler said:
walsufnir said:

Then name a big company who was bought by foreingers in japan? there are plenty of japanese companys owning other companys abroud but not the other way around

Why would I have to name them? I have given a link that shows the opposite of what you were saying. An actual proof. Feel free to show me that I was wrong and don't tell me I have to find you something to again deliver a proof.

walsufnir said:
Ruler said:
walsufnir said:

Why would I have to name them? I have given a link that shows the opposite of what you were saying. An actual proof. Feel free to show me that I was wrong and don't tell me I have to find you something to again deliver a proof.

Your link for one is also outdated its from 2003

i would stop gaming.

Ruler said:
walsufnir said:

Your link for one is also outdated its from 2003

So what are the new rules then? "We would rather see a japanese company go down and leave thousands of people unemployed before any of the foreigners takes over our country."?

Really, feel free to prove what you said in the beginning.

alternine said:

Nah not gonna happen. The word Monopoly should come to mind. Its one of the reasons why Google didn't buy out Twitch Tv.

Nice clickbait title by the way lol

Fox (Rupert Murdoch) almost bought Waner Brothers so I can definetly see Disney aquiring Sony's movie and music side of the business.  Plus they pretty much are a monopoly already nobody stoped them from buying Marvel and Lucas Studios.