By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Banjo-Kazooie spiritual successor revealed in this month's EDGE

ktay95 said:
Who from Rare is working on this exactly?? I mean Kirkhope is a must but I want to know we have some good devs working on it too. I mean Tengami from Nyamyam was ex Rare guys and well...

Chris Sutherland (Donkey Kong Country, Banjo-Kazooie)
Gavin Price (Viva Pinata)
Steve Mayles (Donkey Kong Country and Banjo titles)
Steven Hurst (Banjo-Tooie)
Mark Stevenson (Donkey Kong 64)
Jens Restemeier (Perfect Dark Zero)

Around the Network

I sincerely hope they don't make this an exclusive.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

PxlStorm said:
This is brilliant! This will be way better than Microsoft's upcoming failing attempt at making a Banjo-Kazooie game. If it comes to the Wii U it's probably going to sell decent as well.

It would be incredibly fun if MS is developing a banjo game, releases it about the same time as this one, and the spiritual sequel gets all the love. they should know that we reap what we sow.

it seems like a RARE renaisance this with ki, battletoads, now banjo kazooie. i would love to see someone create a blast corps game using the gamepad could be cool

I was excited at first but now I'm kinda "meh" with it since it going ea means it could fail big time, most ea games take forever to complete and most of them never do and fail or stray away from the original vision.

I would hope that it's fully multiplat and not scooped up by the likes of EA,Ubisoft or Activision, those 3 would mostly do a stupid publishing deal and further rip the game apart to sell in pieces and limit what platform it goes to.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

lol at Nintendo being involved. Not unless the developers are from Kyoto, Tokyo, Osaka, etc. would they ever be able to get funding from Nintendo on a project like this.

teigaga said:
PS4/X1 should be a no brainer, A wii U version would much appreciated aswell.

If anything, wii u is a no brainer and the others are apreciated.

Nintendo fans better hope they don't find a publisher... because if they do, then the game won't hit Wii U

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

episteme said:
ktay95 said:
Who from Rare is working on this exactly?? I mean Kirkhope is a must but I want to know we have some good devs working on it too. I mean Tengami from Nyamyam was ex Rare guys and well...

Chris Sutherland (Donkey Kong Country, Banjo-Kazooie)
Gavin Price (Viva Pinata)
Steve Mayles (Donkey Kong Country and Banjo titles)
Steven Hurst (Banjo-Tooie)
Mark Stevenson (Donkey Kong 64)
Jens Restemeier (Perfect Dark Zero)

You had me at Sutherland.

Materia-Blade said:
teigaga said:
PS4/X1 should be a no brainer, A wii U version would much appreciated aswell.

If anything, wii u is a no brainer and the others are apreciated.

Pure speculation but I doubt the majority of Rares original fans are likely to have Wii U as a primary platform. Assuming N64 audience= Wii U audience would be dangerous on their behalf, but one thing we know which hasn't changed is the Nintendo fans apetite for platformers. The obvious choice to go with for me would be the PS4, a diverse audience all kinds of games are successful from all kinds of publishers, plenty of space for more platformers outside of Skylanders and Knack (soon to be joined by Ratchet and Tearaway), a highly active userbase and one that will be 35m+ by the time this game comes out. Naturally PS4 version also means an X1 version, they might aswell be twins at this point.