By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Banjo-Kazooie spiritual successor revealed in this month's EDGE

Why doesn't Microsoft / Rare just contract them to make  a legit Banjo-Kazooie 3, the same way they did with Double Helix for the reboot of KI, which was the best game Rare put out in over a decade.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:

Why doesn't Microsoft / Rare just contract them to make  a legit Banjo-Kazooie 3, the same way they did with Double Helix for the reboot of KI, which was the best game Rare put out in over a decade.

I think there's a reason why they left Microsoft and Rare. I doubt they're willing to work with Microsoft again.

NightDragon83 said:

Rare and Nintendo belonged together, from what I have read and summed up myself about Playtonic, Playtonic and Nintendo belong together. Microsoft and Rare, or Microsoft adn Playtonic? Not so much. They have forced their company to focus on Kinect with Kinect Sports and put a creative bind on them. They can't be themselves, I don't think that Playtonic wants to suffer that same fate. I believe that it's either they partner with Nintendo, or they stay independent because they already know that Nintendo will give them the freedom as well as the platform that they need in order to be themselves. Can't wait to see some actual game details and pics/footage, SUPER HYPED!

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

dongo8 said:

Can't wait to see some actual game details and pics/footage, SUPER HYPED!

Well, there you go (character designs, character silhouettes, and concept art);

Oh, and I'm surprised this hasn't been posted here already. If you're wondering, these images are from Edge, the interview itself wasn't that special, some general talk about who they were etc. 

They just brought on three of the original Rare composers to do the music too! Grant Kirkhope, David Wise, and Steve Burke have all joined the fray! We at least know that the music is going to be unparalleled greatness!

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:

Why should they work for m$? m$ destroyed all they worked on at rare.

i hope the games doesnt come to xbone,m$  dont deserve such a game.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

dongo8 said:
NightDragon83 said:

Rare and Nintendo belonged together, from what I have read and summed up myself about Playtonic, Playtonic and Nintendo belong together. Microsoft and Rare, or Microsoft adn Playtonic? Not so much. They have forced their company to focus on Kinect with Kinect Sports and put a creative bind on them. They can't be themselves, I don't think that Playtonic wants to suffer that same fate. I believe that it's either they partner with Nintendo, or they stay independent because they already know that Nintendo will give them the freedom as well as the platform that they need in order to be themselves. Can't wait to see some actual game details and pics/footage, SUPER HYPED!

Or they could work with Sony on the most powerful hardware and have the creativity to make  the game they want like Rime,Wild and Tearaway.

SkyHold said:
dongo8 said:
NightDragon83 said:

Or they could work with Sony on the most powerful hardware and have the creativity to make  the game they want like Rime,Wild and Tearaway.

they need sales, so the ps4 isnt the best place (rayman has a much better attachment rate on the wiiu, and even sanic bomb sold well for what it was on wiiu.

and REALY Rare and powerful hardware? they dont need powerful hardware, they have magic for that. DKC looked better than anything on the psone or n64 in 2d.