By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 4K Photos make their way to PS4!

dane007 said:

This relates as support for external hdd is jsut a pacth much like the support 4 k.  Don't see why sony chooses to not add it and ignore it completely , yet adds support for something thats not going to be relevant for many years. I would have thought since ps4 is all about gaming, external HDD support would be top priority . Its 2015, no external hdd support is embarassing right?  Still waiting for that external hdd as i do not want buy the super expensive hdd that fits for the ps4. In nz the difference is huge as i an get 3tb for teh prce of 1tb hdd that fits in the ps4 and 1tb is the biggest size XD and its not helping since order 1886 is 11 days away!. 

I guess all I can say is, sorry your not happy. External HDD support is something I definitly want to see, along with native support for photos, videos, music, pdfs, and many many more things. Hopefully we will see it all in due time. And, yes I too agree the lack of these features is quite sad. For now though, I am very happy to see support for at least one feature I was really looking for.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
dane007 said:

This relates as support for external hdd is jsut a pacth much like the support 4 k.  Don't see why sony chooses to not add it and ignore it completely , yet adds support for something thats not going to be relevant for many years. I would have thought since ps4 is all about gaming, external HDD support would be top priority . Its 2015, no external hdd support is embarassing right?  Still waiting for that external hdd as i do not want buy the super expensive hdd that fits for the ps4. In nz the difference is huge as i an get 3tb for teh prce of 1tb hdd that fits in the ps4 and 1tb is the biggest size XD and its not helping since order 1886 is 11 days away!. 

I guess all I can say is, sorry your not happy. External HDD support is something I definitly want to see, along with native support for photos, videos, music, pdfs, and many many more things. Hopefully we will see it all in due time. And, yes I too agree the lack of these features is quite sad. For now though, I am very happy to see support for at least one feature I was really looking for.

Exactly, i am hoping the nylo's accessories come soon! rather then later.  I would have thought since gaming is their number oone priority , then teh supooort for external hdd support coems first before this.  Ye fair enough. But knowing sony , they won't do it based on what they did with the memory of the psvita. I would have thought from psp , they would have went with microsd but they didn't so i have very little faith in sony and their promises. However i would probably succumb into buying a new 2.5 HDD,  just so i can pay order 1886 XD. damn that game lol.

vivster said:
bananaking21 said:

weak. i cant view pics unless they are 120 taps per second. unveiwable shit you got there. 

I won't tap faster than my monitor is able to display. Why waste precious calories?

no wonder your such a fat ass. 

dane007 said:
KBG29 said:

Not sure how extrenal HDD support relates to this?

As for what this does for those without 4K? Nothing.

As someone who is planning to purchase a 4K TV for the living room and bedroom this year, this is very good news. I am hoping that we will also see 4K unlocked for Playstation Video later this month. These were promises Sony made months before the PS4 launched, and I for one, am very happy to see at least part of the promise finally arrive.

dont hold your breath for external HDD support on the PS4. Its obvious Sony went the extra mile when building the hardware so that the HDD is user replaceable. and in so doing u don't void ur warranty like you would the XB1. MS didn't have a choice but to support external HDD. I would advice that u get a 1TB HDD for the ps4 or start doing some aggressive data management. 

Intrinsic said:
dane007 said:

dont hold your breath for external HDD support on the PS4. Its obvious Sony went the extra mile when building the hardware so that the HDD is user replaceable. and in so doing u don't void ur warranty like you would the XB1. MS didn't have a choice but to support external HDD. I would advice that u get a 1TB HDD for the ps4 or start doing some aggressive data management. 

Um  the one for the xbox oen doesn't require to open the xbox one. Its USB external hdd where you just plug it in and it works. If they went out of the way to give su that , then why didn't they go fro the 3.5 internal HDD not the more expensive 2.5. Afterall they ar efor the gamers and all about gaming according to their slogan. 1TB is tiny and i can get 3tb for the same one. Currently i have a 3tb external hdd for my xbox one and a 3th for my WII u. IF you buy the 1tb replacement, you will end up reinstalling your games stored on the cloud, That will again eat up  half of hdd and you will stuck  again in data management. I prefer external hdd support because you don't have to reinstall everything and  it won't consume the space of yoru hdd. If you  buy a 3tb external HDD , you get 2.99 of free space purely for new games .

Around the Network
dane007 said:
Intrinsic said:

Um  the one for the xbox oen doesn't require to open the xbox one. Its USB external hdd where you just plug it in and it works. If they went out of the way to give su that , then why didn't they go fro the 3.5 internal HDD not the more expensive 2.5. Afterall they ar efor the gamers and all about gaming according to their slogan. 1TB is tiny and i can get 3tb for the same one. Currently i have a 3tb external hdd for my xbox one and a 3th for my WII u. IF you buy the 1tb replacement, you will end up reinstalling your games stored on the cloud, That will again eat up  half of hdd and you will stuck  again in data management. I prefer external hdd support because you don't have to reinstall everything and  it won't consume the space of yoru hdd. If you  buy a 3tb external HDD , you get 2.99 of free space purely for new games .

I have only 500GB and do not plan to upgrade unless they ad external HDD support but if push comes to shove I will uninstall a game I don’t play much seeing as when I do decide to play it again installation only takes a minute.  

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

dane007 said:
KBG29 said:

With update 1.50, PS4's PlayMemories app now supports 4K output. Just head over to settings and check the box Enable 4K Output. 

Source: Not available, check your PS4, it is there, but it seems no announcement or articles have been written yet.

Wait what? So sony , has implemented 4k output support where 4ktv attach rate is very small, yet teh most important update of being able to use standard external hard drive which si required fo rgaming, is yet to be implemented. How does that work? What can you do with this update if your tv doesn't support native resolution of 4k

most important to who?  i have ps+ and buy all my game (even the big ones like TLoU:R, Destiny, killzone) digitally.  i still have just under 1/2 my drive left.

i'm sure external drives will come but i'm far happier to have features like shareplay, the revisions to the library, themes, spotify with background audio play, digital preloading, and playgo.

besides,. even if i could have an external i probably wouldn't use it.  i don't want that ugly dangeling off taking up a valuable usb slot especially sony's done such a great job at digital content management on ps4.  i'll just delete games i've played though to completion.

Zkuq said:
vivster said:
But how many pictures per second?

How fast can you tap?

That post would have been epic if written by JizzBeard.

dane007 said:

then you comoketel missed my point. the XB1 didn't start off with external HDD support. and unlike the PS4 if you wanted to put in a bigger HDD you had to open the box, void your warranty and go through all sorts of hoops.

long story short, the XB1 wasn't designed for the end user to upgraded the internal HDD. the PS4 on the other hand was designed with that in mind. so for ms it was necessary for them to get external HDD support a quickly as possible while for don't it's a non issue. with $100 you can get a 1TB hybrid HDD. 

I agree with you, external HDD soupier would be really great I just don't think it's something don't is rubbing to put it. and for good reason. 

PS4 has 4k resolution confirmed!