By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 4K Photos make their way to PS4!

With update 1.50, PS4's PlayMemories app now supports 4K output. Just head over to settings and check the box Enable 4K Output. 

Source: Not available, check your PS4, it is there, but it seems no announcement or articles have been written yet.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

But how many pictures per second?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

How fast can you tap?

Zkuq said:
vivster said:

How fast can you tap?

60 times per second.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Zkuq said:
vivster said:

How fast can you tap?

60 times per second.

Weak.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
KBG29 said:

With update 1.50, PS4's PlayMemories app now supports 4K output. Just head over to settings and check the box Enable 4K Output. 

Source: Not available, check your PS4, it is there, but it seems no announcement or articles have been written yet.

Wait what? So sony , has implemented 4k output support where 4ktv attach rate is very small, yet teh most important update of being able to use standard external hard drive which si required fo rgaming, is yet to be implemented. How does that work? What can you do with this update if your tv doesn't support native resolution of 4k

vivster said:
Zkuq said:
vivster said:

How fast can you tap?

60 times per second.

weak. i cant view pics unless they are 120 taps per second. unveiwable shit you got there. 

dane007 said:
KBG29 said:

Wait what? So sony , has implemented 4k output support where 4ktv attach rate is very small, yet teh most important update of being able to use standard external hard drive which si required fo rgaming, is yet to be implemented. How does that work? What can you do with this update if your tv doesn't support native resolution of 4k

Not sure how extrenal HDD support relates to this?

As for what this does for those without 4K? Nothing.

As someone who is planning to purchase a 4K TV for the living room and bedroom this year, this is very good news. I am hoping that we will also see 4K unlocked for Playstation Video later this month. These were promises Sony made months before the PS4 launched, and I for one, am very happy to see at least part of the promise finally arrive.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
dane007 said:

Not sure how extrenal HDD support relates to this?

As for what this does for those without 4K? Nothing.

As someone who is planning to purchase a 4K TV for the living room and bedroom this year, this is very good news. I am hoping that we will also see 4K unlocked for Playstation Video later this month. These were promises Sony made months before the PS4 launched, and I for one, am very happy to see at least part of the promise finally arrive.

This relates as support for external hdd is jsut a pacth much like the support 4 k.  Don't see why sony chooses to not add it and ignore it completely , yet adds support for something thats not going to be relevant for many years. I would have thought since ps4 is all about gaming, external HDD support would be top priority . Its 2015, no external hdd support is embarassing right?  Still waiting for that external hdd as i do not want buy the super expensive hdd that fits for the ps4. In nz the difference is huge as i an get 3tb for teh prce of 1tb hdd that fits in the ps4 and 1tb is the biggest size XD and its not helping since order 1886 is 11 days away!. 

bananaking21 said:
vivster said:

60 times per second.

weak. i cant view pics unless they are 120 taps per second. unveiwable shit you got there. 

I won't tap faster than my monitor is able to display. Why waste precious calories?