By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Nintendo Tried Making a Game with HUGE Property (UPDATE: HARRY POTTER)

pokoko said:
There aren't many things "Star Wars level" big.

Hope it's not the Avengers. That would suck as a platformer.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
This is the Unseen64 guy. His reputability isn't even questionable. Finding this kind of info is his job, literally.

If it's Star Wars big, it has to be Harry Potter.

I'm an old fart, but I know there were reports in the late 90s/early 2000s that Nintendo was trying to get the Harry Potter license. 

This was before the first Harry Potter movie even came out. The speculation was that Nintendo wanted it for Rareware, but EA eventually ended up with the winning bid (most likely because they were multiplat). 

So that did actually happen ... but I hope this guy isn't trying to dig up 15 year old rumors as a scoop, lol. 

One of the biggest subscription baits if I ever saw one.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
One of the biggest subscription baits if I ever saw one.

Pretty much my thoughts. Smells like BS to me

pokoko said:
There aren't many things "Star Wars level" big.

Hope it's not the Avengers. That would suck as a platformer.

I wholeheartedly agree. They already ruined Bayonetta, Dynasty Warriors and Xeno by making them platformers.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

Eek.

C'mon, though, you know I'm right.  A Nintendo Avengers game does not sound that compelling.

What else, then?  

Aliens and/or Predator?  Hm.  

Superman?  Well, there is a history.  

Planet of the Apes?  Now we're getting somewhere.  Nintendo does fur the right way.

Star Trek?  I could actually see it.  

Jurassic Park?  Eh.  Nintendo wouldn't let the dinosaurs eat many people at all.

The Fast & The Furious?  Pfft.  We know how that would end up.  The only question is if Mario or Luigi gets to play Vin Diesel's part.

Twilight?  Hell yeah.  I want to see it.

Pirates of the Caribbean?  Makes sense.

Transformers?  Get thee behind me, Nintendo: thou art an offence unto mecha: for thou savourest not the things that be of Transformers, but those that be of men.

Don't believe this guy for a minute. Sounds like he just wants the followers to me.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Don't believe this guy for a minute. Sounds like he just wants the followers to me.

He's a notable contributor to Unseen64. I'd say he's pretty reliable. Unseen64 does this all the time too.

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

Wow... how to say something without saying something 101.

Moving on...

He's still teasing the info. I really hope he spills the beans soon.