By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Netflix Is making a live-action Zelda TV Series

Are you excited?

Yes! Zelda hype! 127 62.87%

Meh... 47 23.27%

Worst show ever 0/10 28 13.86%

Total:202

Sweet. Sean Bean should play a mentor to Link. Then die at the end of the first season.

It would be two of my favourite things molded into one. A nerd's wet dream.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

Can't wait for the scene where Zelda walks in on Link having sex with his own sister. Link then gets beheaded at a public execution.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Oh my... This has so much potential to be good!

The problem is that it has the same amount of potential of being absolutely horrible...

My current Wii U game list:

My current 3DS game list:

Soundwave said:
DrasticDracon said:
It better be good, or else.

Most of Netflix's original series are garbage, so this will have to be a trend breaker.

Eh? House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, etc. are fairly highly acclaimed. 

Peaky Blinders is one of my Netflix favorites.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

t3mporary_126 said:

"As it seeks writers to work on the show, Netflix is describing it as “Game of Thrones” for a family audience, this person said." - http://www.wsj.com/articles/BL-SEB-86552

If I'm not mistaken, isn't Game of Thrones about the poltica and family rivalies in medieval time mixed with sex including incestuous one?

How is the LoZ going to be family friendly version of this show? Netflix doesn't know anything about Zelda or Game of Thrones it seems.

Also, can we all agree that Zelda Williams should be in this show? I bet Robin would have love to be in this show too.

Game of Thrones is a fantasy epic that is more grounded and complex than most fantasy works.  Many of the places, people and events are inspired by real history and then mixed with fantasy.  It is in many ways the opposite of Zelda.  Zelda is the romantic view of middle ages with the hero vanquishing the villain and saving the princess.  A Song of Ice and Fire both mirrors and deconstrates these themes.  Simply put it shows humanity and morality to be flaexible and grey in terms of who is good or evil.  There is simply power and how those who have it elect to wield it.

If Martin wrote Zelda, Link would killed in the first season by Navi in a convulted plot with the Goron to allow Gannon to conquer Hyrule's royal family sending Zelda into exile and then betray him only to see it was Skull Kid all along who grabs the tri force before being defeated by the Gerudo in a desire to redeem their pride with the aid of the sages.  Or something like that.

Around the Network

Chances are it could be epicly terrible..........

Augen said:
t3mporary_126 said:

"As it seeks writers to work on the show, Netflix is describing it as “Game of Thrones” for a family audience, this person said." - http://www.wsj.com/articles/BL-SEB-86552

If I'm not mistaken, isn't Game of Thrones about the poltica and family rivalies in medieval time mixed with sex including incestuous one?

How is the LoZ going to be family friendly version of this show? Netflix doesn't know anything about Zelda or Game of Thrones it seems.

Also, can we all agree that Zelda Williams should be in this show? I bet Robin would have love to be in this show too.

Game of Thrones is a fantasy epic that is more grounded and complex than most fantasy works.  Many of the places, people and events are inspired by real history and then mixed with fantasy.  It is in many ways the opposite of Zelda.  Zelda is the romantic view of middle ages with the hero vanquishing the villain and saving the princess.  A Song of Ice and Fire both mirrors and deconstrates these themes.  Simply put it shows humanity and morality to be flaexible and grey in terms of who is good or evil.  There is simply power and how those who have it elect to wield it.

If Martin wrote Zelda, Link would killed in the first season by Navi in a convulted plot with the Goron to allow Gannon to conquer Hyrule's royal family sending Zelda into exile and then betray him only to see it was Skull Kid all along who grabs the tri force before being defeated by the Gerudo in a desire to redeem their pride with the aid of the sages.  Or something like that.

I'd watch that show!

Signature goes here!

Seems like the reaction to this news is overwhelmingly negative (not here necessarily, but around the web in general). People seem to just be assuming that this would be terrible, which is too bad because if done well, this could be amazing.

I personally think that people should stop complaining over announcements such as this.

If it is a bad show, it is not like the video game series that we know and love will all of a sudden be shit as well.

I say this is cool news. It is exciting to try new things.

1doesnotsimply

green_sky said:

This guy. I was just about to post this. 

Netflix is describing it as “Game of Thrones” for a family audience, this person said. 

That made me laugh a bit. Hopefully turns out decent.

Game of Thrones without tits and saying cunt?  Sounds BORING!  Just kidding that would be sweet if Zelda could get anywhere near that level of acting and writing

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers