Yes! Zelda hype! 127 62.87%

Meh... 47 23.27%

Worst show ever 0/10 28 13.86%

Total:202
fleischr said:
April first is nearly two months away!
melbye said:
Woah, it's April 1st already?

Hahaha, yes. That was the first thing I thought of.

It was IGN right? They did a great job...

Around the Network

Holy Shit! This has a chance to be good if done right and Netflix have done quite an awesome job with several of their TV series like House of Cards and Marco Polo so it might be omfg

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Hmmm clever choice from a writing perspective. Since the Zelda universe and mythos has a lot to do with reincarnation, they can give this Link a specific character without effecting other Links in the games. In fact this whole story can be canon but somewhat segregated. If this is true anyway.

Netflix will never top the Legend of Zelda cartoon series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxY8lpYAUM

I used to love this as a kid, lol. 

I feel like this has a 95% chance of being absolute shit...

Around the Network

Fantastic idea. Has the potential to be huge. Nintendo hasn't done good marketing like this in decades.

Hopefully avoids being shit.

Most notable I think is that it could open the door for voice acting and more variety of stories in future Zelda games. Not that I'm saying they should use the same actors or story that is in this, but as long as the TV show is not absolutely shocking in quality it might make people a bit more comfortable with voice acting in it and it not seem too weird. (I am not too bothered about voice acting and find it hard to imagine in Zelda right now as well, but it's something they obviously have to try at some point).

spemanig said:
Nintendo could smash it if they could make a live action Metroid movie made by Disney's Marvel team. The possibilities are literally making my head spin...

Yes..oh yes..!

"As it seeks writers to work on the show, Netflix is describing it as “Game of Thrones” for a family audience, this person said." - http://www.wsj.com/articles/BL-SEB-86552

If I'm not mistaken, isn't Game of Thrones about the poltica and family rivalies in medieval time mixed with sex including incestuous one?

How is the LoZ going to be family friendly version of this show? Netflix doesn't know anything about Zelda or Game of Thrones it seems.

Also, can we all agree that Zelda Williams should be in this show? I bet Robin would have love to be in this show too.

t3mporary_126 said:

"As it seeks writers to work on the show, Netflix is describing it as “Game of Thrones” for a family audience, this person said." - http://www.wsj.com/articles/BL-SEB-86552

If I'm not mistaken, isn't Game of Thrones about the poltica and family rivalies in medieval time mixed with sex including incestuous one?

How is the LoZ going to be family friendly version of this show? Netflix doesn't know anything about Zelda or Game of Thrones it seems.

Also, can we all agree that Zelda Williams should be in this show? I bet Robin would have love to be in this show too.

I think they're just citing GoT as there's not many other fantasy/mideval shows that are really popular at the moment. 

I'd expect something in tone some where in between the Harry Potter and Hobbit/LOTR movies than Game of Thrones, lol.