By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U will never beat PS Vita! (real sales)

Can we please stop beating the dead horse (or horses, as both Vita and WiiU are mentioned). I feel sad for the device.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
fluky-nintendy said:
Even I, me that I'm a huge Vita fan, think WiiU will sooner or later outsell it for good. Because Nintendo still supports it, otherwise we would be having a different chat.

Actually, if Sony would still support the Vita we would be having a different chat.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Hey, newfound Vita hope is great, but let's be realistic here.

Kerotan said:
This is an interesting battle and if the Wii U wins it won't be easy. China will no doubt stretch the vita's lead when it releases there especally when it will get a shit load of games suited to China. in such a tight race that might be enough for the vita. Wii u will probably get a 2016 successor and the vita might never get one. So the vita will probably stay relevant as long as it's supported.

Successor in 2016....

Clyde32 said:
Kerotan said:
This is an interesting battle and if the Wii U wins it won't be easy. China will no doubt stretch the vita's lead when it releases there especally when it will get a shit load of games suited to China. in such a tight race that might be enough for the vita. Wii u will probably get a 2016 successor and the vita might never get one. So the vita will probably stay relevant as long as it's supported.

Successor in 2016....

Everytime I hear it I either laugh or facepalm..

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Around the Network

Both can be considered "flops" at this point. But Wii U has a few more years of life, while Sony itself wants to bury VITA right now... I'll say 2015 is the year when Wii U outsells VITA. Though anything can happen.

Dr.Vita said:
Miyamotoo said:
Dr.Vita said:

2014 was the peak year of the Wii U and Vita will have a very big 2015 in my eyes

Vita will have big 2015 without Sony games and YouTube app!?

And 2014 was pick for Wii U!?

Just, no.

Ok, so you think Zelda, Splatoon and Xenoblade Chronicles X could top Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros. and Bayonetta 2?
And why do you think that Vita won't have a better 2015 than 2014? Will the sales shrink without Youtube... xD
And Sony is supporting the Vita right now very good, just take a look in the upcoming games for the Vita!

Yes, price cut will do job.

Because Sony is not supporting (no big Sony games and killing YouTube app is proof of that ), Vita is dead everywhere except Japan and that want change.

I still think the Wii U will outsell the Vita.

I don't see how the Vita can stay ahead of the Wii U forever.

Even if Sony has shipped a lot more Vita units than VGChartz has shown sold, it's been shown before that Sony ships more units prior to sales than Nintendo does. The Vita being undertracked here is likely, but the sales difference between the Vita and Wii U is probably much higher than you are saying.

I'm going to look at the Wii U and Vita in the "Four Regions" over the rest of their lives, based on known info and what I hope is reasonable speculation.

North America is already a much bigger Wii U region than Vita region. 2014's numbers could easily be the peak for the Wii U there, but even then, the legs of prior Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros iterations combined with games like Mario Party, Zelda, and Mario Maker would keep the decline from being too great. Though the Vita is getting a number of smaller games, these have not helped the Vita sell well in the past, and retail support seems to be declining if anything. I expect the Wii U to outsell the Vita in North America by roughly 1 million in 2015.

Europe saw Wii U sales rise drastically and Vita sales plummet in 2014. Otherwise, the same basic problems plague the Vita here, so let's skip to Japan.

Japan is the Vita's strongest major region, especially compared to the Wii U, but I do not think the Vita will do that well in Japan alone. Vita sales declined in 2014 despite the recent new model, and the software increase can be partially attributed to the micro-console version of the Vita. As for 2015's Vita lineup, it does not impress. God Eater 2: Rage Burst is definitely something to watch, and can easily pass half a million in Japan, but has to compete with the PS4 version. Sword Art Online's fanbase is likely on the Vita already thanks to Hollow Fragment, Pirate Warriors 2 wasn't that big on the Vita, and Dancing all Night is a music spinoff to a game that is only getting older.

"Rest of World" has purchased 1.13 million Vita units. This will rise, but I doubt the Vita in these places will be proportionately as popular as the Vita, especially given how mobile gaming continues to grow.

Love and tolerate.

The Vita only needs Japan and the rest of the world to outsell the Wii U. Also sony support is not as important as third parties and they seem on side with Vita.

I think Wii U will overtake vita this holiday, but Vita will return to the top in the longrun because Japan.