By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ( Rumor ) A User With an Early Copy of The Order: 1886 Has Seemingly Beaten The Game in under 10 Hours

OttoniBastos said:
No multiplayer.
Linear singleplayer that last less than 10 hours even if you get the collectible and pay attention on the dialogues.
No multiple endings
No replayability

Multiple endings doesn't make a game better. Replayability = playing it again, just like any good SP game. No MP is only a problem for people who want it. Linear SP with that length = every Uncharted game

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
OttoniBastos said:
No multiplayer.
Linear singleplayer that last less than 10 hours even if you get the collectible and pay attention on the dialogues.
No multiple endings
No replayability

Multiple endings doesn't make a game better. Replayability = playing it again, just like any good SP game. No MP is only a problem for people who want it. Linear SP with that length = every Uncharted game

Replayability = having a real solid reason to play the game again besides just seeing everything you already saw again.

Mutiples ending increase replayability.

Infamous second son has a ~12 hour campaing(if you never played) but thanks to a second ending the playtrough goes up to 20+.

Uncharted franchise has multiplayer,the campaing last more than the order's and more importantly,you spent most of the time controlling Drake.The Cutscenes only happens during the loading times.There is no "just cutscenes" chapters.

This is almost like heavy rain and you know what is funny? heavy rain had multiple endings so it has more replayability than this.

doesn't matter how good the history is,it doesn't justify $60.

LudicrousSpeed said:
So the entire game can now be viewed on Youtube and the walkthroughs add up to just over 5 hours. On GAF someone has confirmed he played through the whole game, explored it entirely, and still finished it at around 9 hours. And 1/4 of that is cut scenes. There are entire chapters in the game (six of them apparently) that are nothing but cut scenes.

With all the fuss about other games justifying their price tag these days, I find it hard to see how The Order manages to charge more than $20-30.

I'm not going to state my full opinion on the game again, but I will agree with you here. If what you said is true, that is an extremely lackluster amount of content.

Roronaa_chan said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

With all the fuss about other games justifying their price tag these days, I find it hard to see how The Order manages to charge more than $20-30.

It's worth it for anyone who values a good SP campaign 1000x more than any MP mode. If you want MP stick with Evolve, I'd rather play this.

Cool, then maybe well stop hearing about how MP games should be cheaper than SP games by default. Anyone ok with spending $60 on a 5 hour game should have no problem with a MP game retailing for the same price. Not saying you specifically :)

OttoniBastos said:

Replayability = having a real solid reason to play the game again besides just seeing everything you already saw again.

Mutiples ending increase replayability.

Infamous second son has a ~12 hour campaing(if you never played) but thanks to a second ending the playtrough goes up to 20+.

Uncharted franchise has multiplayer,the campaing last more than the order's and more importantly,you spent most of the time controlling Drake.The Cutscenes only happens during the loading times.There is no "just cutscenes" chapters.

This is almost like heavy rain and you know what is funny? heavy rain had multiple endings so it has more replayability than this.

doesn't matter how good the history is,it doesn't justify $60.

Replayability) A solid reason is called quality or enjoyment. If it's good then you have a solid reason to play it again, not boxes to tick or useless fluff to unlock. If you need that, then the game isn't good to begin with, i've already been over this and am repeating myself.

Your concept of replayability seems to be that of going through X-amount of boring hours to reach a different "reward" than before. The same mentality that leads to all the bad open world games we've been getting.

Yes I:SS has a second ending, but most of the second playthrough is the exact same as before. I can easily make the argument that you can finish once, and then google the different video and watch it (no more than 3-5 minutes).

Heavy Rain doesn't have more replayablity because Heavy rain has bad (or little) gameplay. There is no enjoyment in going through it again, and once again, you can simply youtube the different endings instead of putting yourself through the same interactive cutscenes again. The Order has great gunplay that is fun to re-experience.

@Ludicrous I don't care how they price MP-only games because i'm not interested in playing them to begin with, whether it's 60, 40 or 20 dollars.

Around the Network

Would you look at that LudicrousSpeed bumping another the Order thread, anyone surprised...? Huh, no one? Well go figure.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

LudicrousSpeed said:

Cool, then maybe well stop hearing about how MP games should be cheaper than SP games by default. Anyone ok with spending $60 on a 5 hour game should have no problem with a MP game retailing for the same price. Not saying you specifically :)

At least a $60 singleplayer game can be fully enjoyed for nothing but those $60.

LudicrousSpeed said:
So the entire game can now be viewed on Youtube and the walkthroughs add up to just over 5 hours. On GAF someone has confirmed he played through the whole game, explored it entirely, and still finished it at around 9 hours. And 1/4 of that is cut scenes. There are entire chapters in the game (six of them apparently) that are nothing but cut scenes.

Better value to many who like story driven campaigns.  some people prefer it over running around the same 10 maps over and over again Playing 2 or 3 different game modes.  

Kerotan said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Better value to many who like story driven campaigns.  some people prefer it over running around the same 10 maps over and over again Playing 2 or 3 different game modes.  

Cool, so then those people would certainly understand that others might prefer hours of awesome dynamic MP experiences over running around the same scripted SP world against AI over and over again on one game mode.

Thanks for proving my point.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Kerotan said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Cool, so then those people would certainly understand that others might prefer hours of awesome dynamic MP experiences over running around the same scripted SP world against AI over and over again on one game mode.

Thanks for proving my point.

Those people certainly wouldn't describe it as awesome.  Personally I love doing that on battlefield 4 but there are many games like Evolve for example that bore me after 2 hours.  That certainly is worse value to me than a 9 hour campaign I'd likely play 3 or 4 times.  

I've friends who love the scripted gta campaign but played 2 hours of online and never played again. Destiny is another example. Different horses for different courses.