By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ( Rumor ) A User With an Early Copy of The Order: 1886 Has Seemingly Beaten The Game in under 10 Hours

CosmicSex said:
Gilgamesh said:

I'm a completionist, I always have to check every single nook and crany on the screen, an 8 hour game takes me 12 or 14 hours, a 40 hour game takes me 60 hours, I don't know how people can sit through a whole game in one sitting.

This. Man RPGs must take you forever.

Persona 4 took me about 3 months lol

Around the Network
Hiku said:
starcraft said:
Conegamer said:

The initial rumour of length, perhaps. However the OP and the title have been updated to reflect this new information; which I'm still willing to believe (10 hours sounds about right. It's R&C length, and it's not too short/long either. I don't understand why this, out of everything, has attracted such attention in honesty).

All I know is I'm gonna buy the game, and I'm (hopefully) gonna love it. It could be 7 hours, 10, 15 or 25, that's not going to change so long as the story is coherent, there's lots of replayability and most importantly, it's fun. 

I disagree. Here in Australia the cheapest possible price at launch will be in the order (SEE WHAT I DID THERE) of $US70...perhaps more.

Like it or not, length plays a role in value.

If its a fantastic 7 hours, I will rent it. If its an epic 7 hours I might eventually buy it for $10 down the line as well, for the collection.

Its hard to say where the line is. But Uncharted tends to go for around 10 hours. Then you have your Gears games around the same, but with co-op (and of course, multiplayer for those who want it). Bioshock games are upwards of 20.

And they all cost the same amount.

Quote Tree Shortened (Bad Starcraft! Bad!) - Conegamer

What happened to our autoshortening? TRUCKS! We will have words! - Starcraft

And on the flipside, I just finished Star Ocean: The Last Hope, which according to my savefile took me 75 hours, and.... *sigh*, I wish it was only 7 hours long.

Did you like it? I have often wondered whether it is worth going back to play it.

I would never question that 75 good hours would be worth it

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Conegamer said:
iceland said:
Well this thread already provided me with more entertainment than the game ever will

lulz

And yeah, lots of deleted posts here now. It's like a political/lawful warzone

As long as we don't see "redacted" anywhere, I think we'll be okay lol.

I disagree. Here in Australia the cheapest possible price at launch will be in the order (SEE WHAT I DID THERE) of $US70...perhaps more.

Like it or not, length plays a role in value.

If its a fantastic 7 hours, I will rent it. If its an epic 7 hours I might eventually buy it for $10 down the line as well, for the collection.

Its hard to say where the line is. But Uncharted tends to go for around 10 hours. Then you have your Gears games around the same, but with co-op (and of course, multiplayer for those who want it). Bioshock games are upwards of 20.

And they all cost the same amount.

Quote Tree Shortened (Bad Starcraft! Bad!) - Conegamer

What happened to our autoshortening? TRUCKS! We will have words! - Starcraft

And on the flipside, I just finished Star Ocean: The Last Hope, which according to my savefile took me 75 hours, and.... *sigh*, I wish it was only 7 hours long.

I am soclose to finishing the endgame dungeon in this; it ain't easy.

Hiku said:
starcraft said:

Did you like it? I have often wondered whether it is worth going back to play it.

I would never question that 75 good hours would be worth it

Overall, I did not like it, sadly. There are things that are good about it, but a lot of things I didn't like as well.
The only reason I forced myself to play it was because it's been on my backlog ever since 2011, and it was borrowed from a friend (who insisted I keep it till I beat it.) Finishing it felt like a weight off my shoulders, but at the same time I felt like I "wasted much of my time", and that's never a good thing to feel about a game. =(

Yeah, sadly I have heard a few comments like that. Guess I am skipping it then :(

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Even if the game was 5h to beat (which was already disproven) I would see no problem... I can beat Super Mario World in 16-30 min and several other games really fast if were just interested in going fast... If the game is good I will probably play it more than 3 times and end up with over 50h of gameplay.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

So the entire game can now be viewed on Youtube and the walkthroughs add up to just over 5 hours. On GAF someone has confirmed he played through the whole game, explored it entirely, and still finished it at around 9 hours. And 1/4 of that is cut scenes. There are entire chapters in the game (six of them apparently) that are nothing but cut scenes.

With all the fuss about other games justifying their price tag these days, I find it hard to see how The Order manages to charge more than $20-30.

LudicrousSpeed said:

With all the fuss about other games justifying their price tag these days, I find it hard to see how The Order manages to charge more than $20-30.

It's worth it for anyone who values a good SP campaign 1000x more than any MP mode. If you want MP stick with Evolve, I'd rather play this.

In the past i said that my problem with The order was that i didn't feel the game had enough content to justify $60 price.Now you guys understand why i was feeling that?

No multiplayer.
Linear singleplayer that last less than 10 hours even if you get the collectible and pay attention on the dialogues.
No multiple endings
No replayability

I want this game to be good cause after a year of no exclusives this is the first "big" exclusive PS4 had since Infamous SS.Seriously how did sony allowed RAD to do this?How did this passed on Quality control?

They cancelled Santa monica's new project,The last guardian is in a limbo but THIS game will be released?!

LudicrousSpeed said:
So the entire game can now be viewed on Youtube and the walkthroughs add up to just over 5 hours. On GAF someone has confirmed he played through the whole game, explored it entirely, and still finished it at around 9 hours. And 1/4 of that is cut scenes. There are entire chapters in the game (six of them apparently) that are nothing but cut scenes.

Hey, at least they didn't cut the cutscenes out of the game to sell them for $15 a piece on top of $60.