By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No one's talking about the new Splatoon news? You'll want to.

So no Singleplayer?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

In a regular shooter it can be important to have a strategy, but for the most part you just need to kill the other guys. Nintendo's created a shooter with a mechanic that requires an unusual depth of strategy and teamwork. And no way to talk with your teammates.

Because Nintendo.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

vivster said:
So no Singleplayer?

Of course it has a single player campaign.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Giggs_11 said:
Kerotan said:
This doesn't paint a good picture.

My puns are the best!!

Funny one!

But what make your quote even funnier is that "puns" in my native language means farts. Soooooo.. your farts are the best! :D

Lmao that's a good one!

Plants vs. Zombies has 6 online multiplayer modes and voice chat. From what we've been lead to believe, Splatoon only has 3 game modes in the whole game, period. Embarrassing. Flat out embarrassing.

And people said I was crazy for claiming that this game would only have one online mode.

Around the Network
padib said:
It is very risky to refuse communication in a 4v4 team battle. Nintendo you really are a rookie when it comes to online gaming. Learn please and fast.

As for sticking to 4v4, isn't that similar to League's 5v5 mode? In that sense it shouldn't be an issue if someone disconnects or lags, if League players can deal with it then so can Splatoon players.

So far it might still be playable, I play plenty of league games without talking with my teammates, but in some I need to communicate. Nintendo should allow for pings.

The issue isn't 4v4. The issue is that it's the only mode. There's only one online mode; Turf Wars. Actually, there's only one 4v4 mode in the whole game; Turf Wars. That's the issue. It's 2015, and Nintendo's releasing an online shooter with only one online mode. That's a joke.

I don't care about the lack of voice chat. No one wanted to talk on all those fps I played on Xbox anyway, so not much of a loss. I'd like the possibility to talk to people from my friendlist but this hasn't been disconfirmed yet if I understand it correctly. Otherwise I'll just use Skype I guess.

The only dissapointing thing is the apparent lack of multiple online game modes. I'll just hope they mistranslated it...

I will still get the game though, it looks like a lot of fun!

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

Only one online mode? That is insanely pathetic.

People called Titanfall bare bones but this takes it to a whole new level.

This does not bode well for Splatoon. This reminds me of Titanfall and we all know how bare bones that game is but at least they had Voice Chat and multiple game modes. Really don't know what Nintendo was thinking on this one.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

There's no way that the developers are making these terrible decisions. Nintendo management must be handcuffing them. It's time for some massive turnover at Nintendo.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata