By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 shipped 1.1m units over the holiday, 360 2.1m~ 360 LTD ahead of PS3, still in 2nd Place

Seece said:
Carl2291 said:
The 360s performance in new markets is probably to thank for this.

South America being key?

Mooore than likely yes.

In 2012 Xbox 360 sold 2.93m in US holiday Q and shipped 5.9m, 50%~
In 2013 Xbox 360 sold 1.45m in US holiday Q and shipped 3.5m, 40%~
In 2012 Xbox 360 sold 650k in US holiday Q and shipped 2.1m~*, 30%~

WOW an exact decrease of 800k for the 360!? Coincidence? I think not

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Nah... 360 is probabily at minimum 2.5m if not more.
So, we have more than 2:1 in 360 favour!

No it isn't.

No source for said that it isn't.

That is just estimates, and in my opinion 360 have Ship more than 2.5m.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Seece said:

No it isn't.

No source for said that it isn't.

That is just estimates, and in my opinion 360 have Ship more than 2.5m.

Did 3.5m, that's far too small a gap and not what the trend has been.

I believe 360 is still ahead of PS3, but we don't have solid evidence to prove it. This is very sad.

However, I would prefer in the 6.6million shipment figure, Xbox 360 only accounted about 1.1millions, then it would give 5.5 millions Xbox One shipments.

So it is basically a tie between the two. Pretty amazing considering the fact that the 360 came out a year ahead. Congrats to Sony and the Ps3.

Around the Network
AEGRO said:
So it is basically a tie between the two. Pretty amazing considering the fact that the 360 came out a year ahead. Congrats to Sony and the Ps3.

Amazing 360 couldn't been overtaken although it started with a PR disaster, better known as RROD.

I think the PS3 still outsold the Xbox 360 and I also still think that the PS3 shipped more over the holiday season. After all games have been selling better on the PS3. I think that the XBox One sold shipped atleast 13 million units therefore making the Xbox 360 shipped numbers the same as the PS3 shipped numbers. I may also be a butt hurt fanboy but I still don't believe that the Xbox 360 outshipped the PS3 bu over 1 million.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

walsufnir said:
AEGRO said:

Amazing 360 couldn't been overtaken although it started with a PR disaster, better known as RROD.

To be fair, both started with a PR disaster so basically its amazing for both.

Angelv577 said:
walsufnir said:

To be fair, both started with a PR disaster so basically its amazing for both.

Sony had just a bad of a PR disaster back then?, was it the "get a second job to buy the PS3" quote back then per chance that people seemingly decided to forget on purpose?.

Tbh I still see with the numbers that 360 did better, it's great for them after overcoming the RROD and Kinect itself.

Seems a bit odd that 360 can't single handedly win though, it's either got to be neck and neck 50/50 with Sony or Sony wins, the numbers are telling differently though.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Seece, what's your per Q estimate for XBO and 360 shipments?