By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who thinks The Order 1886 Will Shut Up critics?

Will The Order 1886 Shut Critics up?

Yes 213 36.35%

No 289 49.32%

See Results 82 13.99%

Total:584

It doesn't look bad to me despite not being my scene. I blame the mystical influence of Splatoon for making every other shooter look dull, even to those not especially interested in it; Devil's Third was worst hit obviously but somehow even freaking Sunset Overdrive looked dulled by it.

I am sure Devil Third and The Order will be lovely though!

Around the Network
walsufnir said:

You are spot on with your opinion about brand loyalty. This is the most sad part of it all but at least vgchartz is better than GAF. The mentality there is way more “be with us or against us“ with dozens of people to hunt down anyone who is skeptical of an exclusive to make memes about him, laughing at him and thus creating a place where you don't want to participate.

That said I really enjoyed Gears of War judgment while it got bad reviews

Jesus, it's always 'brand loyalty' with you. I HATED Killzone Shadowfall and found Infanous: Second Sony boring, so does that validate my views on the unecessary negativity this game is getting? No, it doesn't but it gives it perspective. And I'm still interested in finding out exactly which games you enjoy playing on your PS4.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
walsufnir said:

You are spot on with your opinion about brand loyalty. This is the most sad part of it all but at least vgchartz is better than GAF. The mentality there is way more “be with us or against us“ with dozens of people to hunt down anyone who is skeptical of an exclusive to make memes about him, laughing at him and thus creating a place where you don't want to participate.

That said I really enjoyed Gears of War judgment while it got bad reviews

Jesus, it's always 'brand loyalty' with you. I HATED Killzone Shadowfall and found Infanous: Second Sony boring, so does that validate my views on the unecessary negativity this game is getting? No, it doesn't but it gives it perspective. And I'm still interested in finding out exactly which games you enjoy playing on your PS4.

Gribble, leave it. Please, my post had nothing to do with you. Read my post again, think about it and you may see what I meant. Go, look at GAF, this is what I am talking about. And don't pretend you don't follow the threads there.

But it is very interesting that you even think I was talking about you. The perhaps existent persecution complex is not justified.

walsufnir said:

Gribble, leave it. Please, my post had nothing to do with you. Read my post again, think about it and you may see what I meant. Go, look at GAF, this is what I am talking about. And don't pretend you don't follow the threads there.

But it is very interesting that you even think I was talking about you. The perhaps existent persecution complex is not justified.

No, I didn't think you were talking about me. I just want to you understand that not everyone just defends something because of 'brand loyalty'. It appears to be your go to argument whenever people talk about negativity in the press. It's not always that, mate. It really isn't.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
walsufnir said:

No, I didn't think you were talking about me. I just want to you understand that not everyone just defends something because of 'brand loyalty'. It appears to be your go to argument whenever people talk about negativity in the press. It's not always that, mate. It really isn't.

And I never said "always" and never will but it is extremely often evident. Exceptions only confirm the rule.

What I mean is that with every game, it seems ok when people hype a game but not when they don't want to touch it because $reasons.

I think, in context of The Order, and after watching the 1st hour, but also before, both "options" are just ridiculous.

Even after the first seconds of gameplay which showed close to nothing of actual gameplay, there were people who were sold to this game. Why? And even from the very beginning people were like "Ehm, ok. Looks great but I am skeptical about the gameplay" and since then people were called out because of this. Why? Really... This holds until now: You have people hyped for the game, you have people who don't like it (for good or "bad" reasons, that is, of course) but in my opinion both are as legit or not as any other opinion. But criticism has to be explaind while unexplained hype is very welcomed to the official circle jerk that GAF tries to establish around the game.

And all this stuff with critics: Why do people even care if they think reviews are broken? What happened? When did people call reviews were broken last gen when GTAIV, GTAV, GoW, GoW, TLOU, Uncharted, Halo got great reviews and metacritic was high for these games? Why do people especially care if this happens to exclusives?

Around the Network

Biggest problem with critics is that they take so much pride in their opinions that, even if something does prove them wrong, there's no chance in hell they're gonna swallow their pride and admit it. With The Order, the places are pretty much already set. Any big name site will most likely simply restate whatever they said in their preview(s), while any ordinary gamer that has hated it up to this point isn't even going to buy to begin with, and just use any negative review to reinforce their hate, even most reviews come out positive.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Considering the cynical approach taken by the developers, I'm not expecting it to impress much.

deskpro2k3 said:

Yeah they'll think of something to get the clicks. It is all about the clicks.

one more:

QTE kept us on our toes. - Eurogamer 1/10

Eurogamer doesnt give review scores anymore. 

GTAexpert said:
NobleTeam360 said:
I don't, even if it turns out to be a decent game I'll gladly wait for it in the bargain bin.

Of course you will and I know why.

Edit: never mind, turns out it was an inside joke. 

I think what we once use to expect from The Order, we're going to get from Bloodborne instead. I think that's going to be the next must have title.