By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who thinks The Order 1886 Will Shut Up critics?

Will The Order 1886 Shut Critics up?

Yes 213 36.35%

No 289 49.32%

See Results 82 13.99%

Total:584
Acevil said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

I think you wanted to comment on another thread or something, i dont see any blind optimism here and i barely see blind optimism for this game.

I don't know the idea that a game is already great before release and critics are just gonna hate it for the sake of it to me is blind optimism that the game is great. I don't like critics either, but this thread seems to prejudging judging.

LOL exactly. Don't forget that if you criticize the game for being linear or generic, you're actually just "blind", or have an "agenda". Apparently the only open minded reviewers will be the ones who just so happen to give it high scores, too. So we have people bitching about supposed bias and agendas, but using their own bias and agendas to do said bitching. It's like when you see someone say if a game gets less than a 9 the reviewer must be biased.

It can score in the 70's or 80's somewhere and actually deserve that score.

Around the Network
cutzman25 said:
will it be a GOTY contender, I dont think so, but will it be a awesome game Ithink so deff. I bet it will be a short game though, lets hope they put something to give it replay value. Either way I'm stoked to get it

Hopefully it has some alternate story elements requiring multiple playthroughs like the other third person pew pew pew game people have mentioned in this thread.

Acevil said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

I think you wanted to comment on another thread or something, i dont see any blind optimism here and i barely see blind optimism for this game.

I don't know the idea that a game is already great before release and critics are just gonna hate it for the sake of it to me is blind optimism

Or maybe it's just talking from experience of previous cases.

I think most critics have already made their decision on whether the game will be good or not.

This game may end up like Driveclub. Get mixed reviews but still end up selling well enough to guarantee another exclusive franchise

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
LipeJJ said:

This pretty much. They already made up their minds and nothing will change it (unfortunately).

Or maybe some people are blaming the critics for not being good at their job just to excuse the low scores. Is not that the game is not good... is the critics, they don´t know how to do their jobs... of course.

im gonna go ahead and say they dont. when they bash a game for being a certain genre and lower points, then they dont know jack shit about what they are doing. if you ever read some of the nonesense these reviewers put out, then you know would know that most dont know shit about reviewing games properly. and its not like they care, they are in it solely for the money after all. 

Roronaa_chan said:
Acevil said:

I don't know the idea that a game is already great before release and critics are just gonna hate it for the sake of it to me is blind optimism

Or maybe it's just talking from experience of previous cases.

See the example being used is Drive Club, but that had real issues when it launched. So reviewing that game in a critical fashion makes sense. I don't think it is their job to go manually update reviews when something is fixed, because that means they should go reviews games when online goes down years later because companies don't want to support the online for it. 

Given I don't know the situation for Driveclub enough, to be the proper judge, however I can comment on this thread, and it seems a bit premature. 

averagegamer515 said:
soulfly666 said:

It looks cool, but I am apprehensive about the black bars. I don't want that to turn into a new standard companies use to copout on performance or inflate how "great" graphics are. I just want a good FUN game that takes up my TV space. I don't think that is too much to ask.  I am not sure if it will shut up critics.  I think Bloodborne will be the exclusive that blows critics away.

If black bars are your big problem I feel sorry for you

What does this even mean?

Will it be a good game? I'd say yes from what I've seen. Will it shut up the critics? Not a chance in hell.

The PS5 Exists. 

I'm hoping it will be the first must have ps4 game but I have doubts.