By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who thinks The Order 1886 Will Shut Up critics?

Will The Order 1886 Shut Critics up?

Yes 213 36.35%

No 289 49.32%

See Results 82 13.99%

Total:584
HEMSTAR said:
I think most critics have already made their decision on whether the game will be good or not.

If that was the case Wolfenstein and The Evil Within reviews would been more negative. Most things I read or heard about those games were pretty negative. Everyone wanted to love Destiny but we saw how that turned out.

If The Order is a genuinely good game the reviews should reflect that. If its a shallow gallery shooter... well reviews will reflect that.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Graphics is better than COD - IGN 2/10

Too much gore and blood - Gameinformer 1/10

Too much like a movie - Edge 2/10

Made us scared of Warewolves - Polygon 2/10

BELIEVE IT!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I'm doubtful to be honest. Those QTEs really turned me off. I think it will become PS's Ryse.

Despite all the negative press I have this game preordered digitally so I can can't get a refund even if I wanted to. Here's to hoping this is at least decent. I want it to be a masterpiece but I might be asking for too much.

I'm expecting low 60's. But I really hope it does better.

“Ore no... Kachi da!”

Around the Network

Yeah they'll think of something to get the clicks. It is all about the clicks.

one more:

QTE kept us on our toes. - Eurogamer 1/10

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

It will get punished for no multiplayer, but I am happy that it has no multiplayer and it was 100% focused on the SP game.

Some critics will feel the need to validate their early negative impressions and try to find ways to mark it down (see aforementioned lack of multiplayer). Other reviewers will be willing to admit they're wrong if that is warranted. The end result will be a middling metascore, at best, which will affect sales. But when the year washes up I think people will recognise that the reviews were overly critical.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I think I'll enjoy it, and that's all that matters to me. You can't expect everyone to enjoy the same games. There will ALWAYS be critics even to some of the best games of all time. I don't like a lot of beloved franchises, and I've seen countless people on these forums rip apart games that I love. That's gaming. We all have different tastes. Let's not lose sight of that and forget that we are all here for the same reason. We all Love gaming. We can't all love the same kinds of Art! How boring would that be! I love when one of my best friends gets a game I never really gave much thought, and when I'm over there I get totally sucked in and become a huge fan! (Hello Portal & Portal 2!)

I see so much arguing on here and it really comes off like this:

"wow this game looks amazing! I can't wait! Day 1 for me!"

re: "dude really? This game looks bland and boring. Nothing new. Looks like a PS3 game. Pass"

.... Sure maybe it's not that extreme, but it's close. The worst part, if this game was an XBOne game, Sony fans would be bashing it, and XOne owners would be defending it to the death. This brand loyalty crap is out of hand and it's really disappointing me as a gamer. This will be the first gen I will have the financial stability to fully enjoy being a 3 console gamer, and dabble with PC gaming. I know I'm excited and I'm freeing myself from a console loyalty and it's really liberating!! I can't wait to get down with some Zelda U! and try out Sunset Over Drive, and definitely will be trying The Order, and so many other future games that will come for all 3.

No.

Even if a game is good, critics can still put whatever score they want. Perfect example is Quarter to Three reviews.

binary solo said:
It will get punished for no multiplayer, but I am happy that it has no multiplayer and it was 100% focused on the SP game.

Some critics will feel the need to validate their early negative impressions and try to find ways to mark it down (see aforementioned lack of multiplayer). Other reviewers will be willing to admit they're wrong if that is warranted. The end result will be a middling metascore, at best, which will affect sales. But when the year washes up I think people will recognise that the reviews were overly critical.

This.

The PS5 Exists.