By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US february monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Reviews doesn't seem to affect The Order preorders thus far. We shall see what happens post-launch.

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
Reviews doesn't seem to affect The Order preorders thus far. We shall see what happens post-launch.

I think this game will do 2 millions and maybe close to 3 millions. I only see those reviews affecting the game in the US. From some comments on N4G and GAF it seems like some users who read reviews in spanish and german says that those reviews are saying a lot of positive things about the game. So Europe might be big for this game. On the best selling amazon UK it has been number 1 on the hourly chart for the past 3 days.

sweet kirbys almost in top 30

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Kinda of off topic, but wonder when we'll get VGC numbers. Almost to the last week of February and nothing yet.

I predict that after The Order reviews, it will dropped in TOP 40 very soon...

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:

Soon as in within the first week of release?

I'm still witholding judgement because this gen has shown that user reception and media reception are seldomly synonymous. If the average user doesn't like The Order, then yeah, I agree. It will drop out of the Top 40 quickly. However, if the average users thinks the game is decent, then I can see the game hanging around for a few weeks.

Ryng_Tolu said:

people in the real world don't give a shit about reviews

Yeah I think it depends on the users who don't read reviews that will make or break the Order.

I remember Dead Island was slated by reviews but positive user sentiment meant it went on to sell very well despite some across the board scores. Reviewers want to be consider the place to be, but ultimately gamers and their friends always decide what is worth it or not :) It is difficult to know if that will be the case with the Order yet.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

thedawghousev2 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

people in the real world don't give a shit about reviews

Sales for games that meta <70 would suggest otherwise. Or alternatively, games that meta<70 also seem to not appeal to a very large audience. Whether there is cause and effect between <70 meta and sales is not easy to determine and it's certainly beyond the scope of information available to me to come to any sort of conclusion.

Having said that, on Amazon at least the final day of Pre-orders doesn't seem to have been affected much by the low review scores. Though perhaps if the meta score was in the 90s the game would be sitting at number 1,2 or 3 right now.

Will be interesting to see how fast The Order drops out of the top 100. Unless word of mouth is especially strong I don't see it lasting in the top 100 any longer than Evolve did.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I want to see what kind of user rating The Order has after a few days. At least it is still pretty steady in the top 10 still