By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US february monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Evolve is looking bleak so far. The PS4 version is ahead despite Microsoft's exclusive marketing deal. Not only that, it is only a week away, but it's pre-ordering lower than The Order, which doesn't come out until after 2.5 weeks.

Around the Network

Unless Evolve gets great reviews I think the game is going to flop.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:

Yep! like i said something ago,i don't see any hype about this game on internet....

OttoniBastos said:
Fusioncode said:

Yep! like i said something ago,i don't see any hype about this game on internet....

I actually didn't hear about this game until Jim Sterling mentioned about it in one of his Jimquisitions. I was deeply turned off by the amount of DLC this game is going to get.

Aura7541 said:
OttoniBastos said:

I actually didn't hear about this game until Jim Sterling mentioned about it in one of his Jimquisitions. I was deeply turned off by the amount of DLC this game is going to get.

Indeed, Jim gave it an absolute arse-ripping for its approach to DLC. He seems to think there is a good game in there somewhere, but that it will require you to spend considerably more than the standard $60 to get it. And he objects most strenuously to that sort of shenanigans.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
1886's CE keeps going up, now at #45 ahead of the standard edition. Lol, I guess simple YT videos can do a lot. I mean the contents have been known for a long time but i guess an unboxing just creates more interest

CE and SE both in the top 50 is great for the game. That means the hype is building quite well, and I must say the game has started to look better and more compelling with the promotional content that's been put out in the last month or so. But also I don't think there's any sort of over hype going on, not yet at least anyway.

I still worry a bit about this game. Sony's PS4 track record so far has been more style than substance. This game has the potential to launch a brilliant new franchise for Sony, and I hope that's exactly what happens. Also I really wanna play as Lady Igraine for some reason. Perhaps its my inner drag queen but I want to play more female protagonists in games. But I also know I'm in the minority given most games where people have a choice between male and female protagonist the gamer population as a whole heavily favours the male protagonist.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Roronaa_chan said:
1886's CE keeps going up, now at #45 ahead of the standard edition. Lol, I guess simple YT videos can do a lot. I mean the contents have been known for a long time but i guess an unboxing just creates more interest

CE and SE both in the top 50 is great for the game. That means the hype is building quite well, and I must say the game has started to look better and more compelling with the promotional content that's been put out in the last month or so. But also I don't think there's any sort of over hype going on, not yet at least anyway.

I still worry a bit about this game. Sony's PS4 track record so far has been more style than substance. This game has the potential to launch a brilliant new franchise for Sony, and I hope that's exactly what happens. Also I really wanna play as Lady Igraine for some reason. Perhaps its my inner drag queen but I want to play more female protagonists in games. But I also know I'm in the minority given most games where people have a choice between male and female protagonist the gamer population as a whole heavily favours the male protagonist.

This! I don't have high hopes about this game,but i hope it becomes like uncharted.The first one was just single player but the sequels got multiplayer added.

Like i said before in some other thread,i think that $60 dolars for a ~12 hours cinematic single player only campaing doesn't pay off since we have games that gives so much more for the same price and reviewers will definitely use this against the game(specially polygon).

I do hope this game sells well though even if the scores are low cause i think the Ip has pontencial.

Imagine a sequel with this level of graphics/presentation+ Single player campaing + coop option + multiplayer maps? 

PS4 #9
X1 #14

The Order 1886 #41

binary solo said:
Aura7541 said:

Indeed, Jim gave it an absolute arse-ripping for its approach to DLC. He seems to think there is a good game in there somewhere, but that it will require you to spend considerably more than the standard $60 to get it. And he objects most strenuously to that sort of shenanigans.

This reminds me of the recent SOE sale and the overblown "can't wait to make games for X1" and understated "moving to develop for mobile platforms:" the microtransaction model is so lucrative that it is stealing console developers away from consoles. I pray that the mobile market is saturated sooner than later (How is it not already!?), because it's a purely financially driven endeavor and capitalism has one objective in mind.

The Order is preordering pretty high. Collector's and standard edition are at #42 and #44, respectively.