By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US february monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

PS4 #8
XBO #15

Majora's Mask #7
The Order #55
Evolve PS4 #76
Evolve XBO #101

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
PS4 # 8
XBO # 17
PS3 # 56
Wii U # 58
PS4 # 97

Thanks for the top 100 update! 

celador said:
Kerotan said:

well that's true but if this doesn't re-kindle the flame then this gen is going to peter out pretty badly for handhelds. 

Yeah, 3DS is going to limp to 75 million at best, which would be a 50% drop from last gen.  And that is without a meaningful competitor.  230 million last gen to maybe 90 million this gen overall is a drastic drop, and kind of sad really.

I dunno man, I do think iPad and tablets are a real factor. So many kids getting tablets for Xmas where I am

Subbed.

Don't forget The Order has two SKUs (3 but 1 is unavailable). CE jumped from 152 to 66 after the unboxing video was posted on PS's YT channel. So now it's #55 and #66

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

TLOU (PS3) back on top 100.
People probably getting it to play with their new PS3s xD

I was just about to post that! You stole my news...

This game released almost 20 months ago, it still charts on Amazon top 100, and at a decent price (~$26 here).

It's really the evergreen game of Sony. It's like Sony, thanks to Naughty dogs, is becoming the new Nintendo, at least with this particular game.

alrightiwill said:
celador said:

Yeah, 3DS is going to limp to 75 million at best, which would be a 50% drop from last gen.  And that is without a meaningful competitor.  230 million last gen to maybe 90 million this gen overall is a drastic drop, and kind of sad really.

I dunno man, I do think iPad and tablets are a real factor. So many kids getting tablets for Xmas where I am

They need a design refresh. If they just put out another DS shaped machine it will die horribly IMO (by that I mean sell less than 50 million, which isn't really death, but a major decline 2 generations running). 

Could they make a Nintenphone (though not call it that)? By that I mean a handheld console with certain basic smartphone functions: 4G mobile internet. phone, text, facebook, instagram, youtube and twitter apps (and maybe a few others), web browser.  If smartphones and tablets are 3DS's true competition then bringing some smartphone and tablet functionality into the next Nintendo Hand held might work. Then again, if people still want to play angry birds and it's not available on the Nintendo device then perhaps becoming phone-like won't do much for them at all.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Ryng_Tolu said:
Imo PS4 will lose this NPD.
New 3DS domination!!!

Could be. It would be very interesting to see if Amazon only correctly prodicts PS4 vs Xb one, but that it doesn;t accurately predict the NPD positions of the other consoles.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

1886's CE keeps going up, now at #45 ahead of the standard edition. Lol, I guess simple YT videos can do a lot. I mean the contents have been known for a long time but i guess an unboxing just creates more interest

BraLoD said:
Roronaa_chan said:
1886's CE keeps going up, now at #45 ahead of the standard edition. Lol, I guess simple YT videos can do a lot. I mean the contents have been known for a long time but i guess an unboxing just creates more interest

Bloodborne CE versio was also rising, and this one is kinda far away yet
But good to know The Order is picking more sales.

BB's CE has been doing better than the standard edition in both US and UK amazons. Guess it's to be expected given the fanbase behind it.

Btw PS4 BF bunduru entered top 100 again at #99

And it's not looking good for Evolve. 6-7 days away from release, PS4 #74, X1 #100.